Missing Soft Focus and Brightness in Teams

Anonymous
2022-11-03T16:23:50+00:00

Greetings!

My co-workers have options for Brightness and Soft Focus on their Teams and neither of these appear to be options for me in my Teams video settings. I'm on a Mac Studio with the M1Max chip. Microsoft Teams Version 1.5.00.28558. It was last updated on 11/1/22. Ideas welcome!

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-19T21:49:54+00:00

    this is all over the Internet with ZERO ACTUAL ANSWERS. what is the deal, teams??? is it working or not. this is so stupid that we can't get it but some Macs can. and no legit answers. no I'm not going to do 50 stupid steps that didn't work for anyone else. everyone at my work has the filters and they ar eon the same MacBook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-27T18:15:43+00:00

    I too am on an Apple M1 (Max) machine, Ventura 13.2.1 and cannot see the Video settings options for Teams. All of my co-workers have the options available. Is the issue the Apple M1 chip?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-03-21T17:05:50+00:00

    This is still an issue - please address it.

    I'm also on an Apple M1 (Max) machine, Ventura 13.2.1. The "About Microsoft Teams" button doesn't seem to work on any version of Teams for mac, but "get info" tells me it's v1.6.00.4464. I had the above controls until I moved to this machine.

    My old machine had the same version of Teams installed, also Ventura 13.2.1, using the same video camera, but had the controls. It had an Intel chip - that appears to be the only difference.

    Before

    After

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-02-08T12:59:13+00:00

    Dear Hania.

    There is no answer for this yet, not in any forum thread is there a solution to the issue, just people wondering about when Microsoft is going to handle this and release a update that makes the settings available again.

    I think worst is that the default for the user often is a blurred "soft focus" and you can not change it to higher quality which makes video calls right now impossible due to bad video feeling.

    I have tried a little since I have ap 100 different clients on Mac running in our Enterpirse environment; it feels like it's worst at "MacBook Pro 14" M1", much better default on MacBook Air M1 and M2 as well.
    MacBook Pro 16" M1 is actually quite good when using Teams through browser but still no settings available anywhere.

    It doesen't matter what version of Teams app your running, seems to be the same issue everywhere, no settings and default is not very good.

    If you need us to try something, please just answer and I'll try to help you making it possible to develop a future solution supporting even Mac-computers camera-device. ;-)

    Thank you.

    Kind regards
    Sanna

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-01-27T22:34:38+00:00

    I have the same issue - can someone from MS please respond?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments