How to fix audio issues in MS Teams after upgrade to Win 11

Reported
Anonymous
2023-06-01T12:42:04+00:00

Hello community,

we are currently rolling out Win 11 (Enterprise 22H2) for our users and more and more are starting to complain about audio problems since the upgrade to Win 11.

For the most part we use Jabra Evolve 65 and 75 headsets, which are certified for Teams (they worked fine with Teams and Win 10).

Reported issues (happening in meetings and calls):

  • Users mic working, but cant hear his counterpart.
  • Users mic not working, but can hear his counterpart.
  • No audio at all, sometimes right from the start of the call, sometimes cuts out during the call. User gets a notification that there is an issue with his audio device.
  • Audio works fine but after x minutes, the call is dropped and user has restart his PC to get audio working again.

There are no audio issues with other apps like phone app or when watching a video.

We updated audio drivers, updated firmware of the audio devices. Cleared Teams cache, reinstalled Teams, made sure its running the current version. Checked windows audio settings (sometimes people manage to connect the headset via usb dongle and directly to laptops bluetooh at the same time, which can cause problems). We also asked the users to connect their headset with the usb cable instead of the dongle. Nothing helped.

I had one user working with Teams in the browser for a few days and he didnt report any problems there. So maybe its a Teams client issue?

If anyone has an idea for me on how to fix this, I would really appreciate it, since Win 11 rollout is still going on and more and more users will be affected by this. Which I am not looking forward too :)

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-14T07:05:26+00:00

    I seem to be experiencing the same issue with my mic ie people can't hear me well - sound 'faint and far away'. My speaker working fine and I can hear people loud and clear. I had a forced update to Windows 11 yesterday and teams have the issue, Zoom is ok though.

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-23T09:43:02+00:00

    Same issue here. I was "upgraded" to Windows 11 and now the headset is not working properly. The microfone is fine. However, the speakers are so quiet that I can barely hear my counterpart. Only when I turn up the volume to 100%, I can hear a bit more.

    It would be great if this issue can be solved in the near future.

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-10T18:17:16+00:00

    I am also experiencing these issues randomly. I can be in a call on the teams client, Jabra evolve 65, works fine in a call, next call, microfone stops working. The popup of ms teams says: microphone is not working. So then I switch to different input device. Very annoying.

    I tried a few times disabling Bluetooth and connecting with the cable, but then the headset is making robotic voices of other people speaking and my microphone stops working as well.

    This whole thing is so annoying and makes other people feel like, what are you messing around, but I cannot do anything about this.

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-09-26T15:42:09+00:00

    I was able to resolve my issue by replacing the headset from an MPOW to TECKNET where the new TECKNET has been working flawlessly.

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-08-17T19:04:25+00:00

    Estamos tendo o mesmo problema com o Jabra Evolve2 75 e o Teams.

    Computador e SO:
    Dell Vostro 7620
    Edição Windows 11 Enterprise

    Versão 23H2

    Instalado em ‎16/‎11/‎2022

    Compilação do SO 22631.2191

    Experiência Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22671.1000.0

    Teams:
    Você tem o Microsoft Teams Versão 1.6.00.22281 (64 bits). Última atualização em 15/08/2023.

    Jabra Evolve2 75:

    Jabra Evolve2 75 Firmware version: 1.8.13 Certified for Microsoft TeamsPN 27599-999-999

    0 comments No comments