How to fix audio issues in MS Teams after upgrade to Win 11

Reported
Anonymous
2023-06-01T12:42:04+00:00

Hello community,

we are currently rolling out Win 11 (Enterprise 22H2) for our users and more and more are starting to complain about audio problems since the upgrade to Win 11.

For the most part we use Jabra Evolve 65 and 75 headsets, which are certified for Teams (they worked fine with Teams and Win 10).

Reported issues (happening in meetings and calls):

  • Users mic working, but cant hear his counterpart.
  • Users mic not working, but can hear his counterpart.
  • No audio at all, sometimes right from the start of the call, sometimes cuts out during the call. User gets a notification that there is an issue with his audio device.
  • Audio works fine but after x minutes, the call is dropped and user has restart his PC to get audio working again.

There are no audio issues with other apps like phone app or when watching a video.

We updated audio drivers, updated firmware of the audio devices. Cleared Teams cache, reinstalled Teams, made sure its running the current version. Checked windows audio settings (sometimes people manage to connect the headset via usb dongle and directly to laptops bluetooh at the same time, which can cause problems). We also asked the users to connect their headset with the usb cable instead of the dongle. Nothing helped.

I had one user working with Teams in the browser for a few days and he didnt report any problems there. So maybe its a Teams client issue?

If anyone has an idea for me on how to fix this, I would really appreciate it, since Win 11 rollout is still going on and more and more users will be affected by this. Which I am not looking forward too :)

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-27T15:12:52+00:00

    Could you expand a bit further, for those of us not as computer literate? I am facing the same problem. I can hear Teams call and hangup tones, and even "Call Ended" but once in a meeting, I hear nothing. Bose noise canceling headphones. Just got forced into Windows 11 two days ago. All other uses of the Bluetooth headphones work seamlessly. Not a driver issue, as I can hear radio stations, I can hear my cell phone, etc. It's strictly a Teams w/ Windows 11 problem.

    You resolved your issue but I don't know what those words mean, or how to fix mine, like yours. Are you able to help? Thank you!

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-04T10:47:21+00:00

    Same issues with a Latitude 5540 and Yealink WH62 headset

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-11T14:17:31+00:00

    I have exactly the same issue. Headset works fine with everything except teams. Sometimes the mic doesn't work, and sometimes it works for a couple of minutes and then sound starts to get robotic and crashes... Really annoying for an expensive headset that is made for Teams.

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-09-26T09:48:40+00:00

    Hi*

    Same here with plenty of Lenovo Thinkpads and Microsoft Surface Pro devices since Windows 11 upgrade.

    Jabra Evolve 75, 85 Headsets. No matter if connected directly via Bluetooth or via Jabra USB-Dongle...

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-08-22T11:07:55+00:00

    I have the same issue with Sony XM4 and XM5 and even Microsoft Surface Headphones 2

    0 comments No comments