Stuck in an infinite loop of needing to already be signed in to the Authenticator app to approve a sign in FOR the authenticator app.

Anonymous
2023-05-26T16:02:55+00:00

I can't sign in because my account says it need me to approve the sign on in the Authenticator app. HOWEVER, the sign on for the Authenticator app is ALSO saying I need to approve the sign on in the app. So I can't sign in to approve it without already being signed in. SO I am stuck in an infinite loop of it asking me to approve a sign in on my account in an app that I can't sign into without already being signed in!

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Sign up and Sign in | Sign in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-26T05:26:47+00:00

    My husband had this issue and resolved it by speaking to someone in customer service. It took him many days to resolve it...being put on hold , transferred and waiting for someone to call him back. He had to be very pushy. Eventually someone was able to assist him.

    His advice: keep note of your case number and follow up on the same case number instead of creating new ones.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-13T17:54:20+00:00

    I wanted to respond because I found the issue.

    I had trouble getting into my school account because it needed to be authenticated but I couldn’t get in because to get in I had to get authenticated.

    I took this to IT support at my college and they said the issue was the result of getting a new phone, thus i guess confusing Microsoft Authentication. I don’t know if you can do this yourself or if you have to take it to IT but he managed to merge both accounts and this time when I set up the account it asked for some more info and then let me sign in and it works now. Hope this helps anyone as I was very frustrated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments