Stuck in an infinite loop of needing to already be signed in to the Authenticator app to approve a sign in FOR the authenticator app.

Anonymous
2023-05-26T16:02:55+00:00

I can't sign in because my account says it need me to approve the sign on in the Authenticator app. HOWEVER, the sign on for the Authenticator app is ALSO saying I need to approve the sign on in the app. So I can't sign in to approve it without already being signed in. SO I am stuck in an infinite loop of it asking me to approve a sign in on my account in an app that I can't sign into without already being signed in!

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Sign up and Sign in | Sign in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-13T20:51:42+00:00

    I keep trying to sign into Minecraft and it's keep sending me back where it's saying Minecraft is not responding

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-06T12:01:38+00:00

    I don't exactly remember. What I do remember is that I went to Google Play and had to enable the authenticator (it was already downloaded). I do not remember entering a code and cannot see how I could have done so if it had asked for one.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-05T20:08:41+00:00

    Thanks for responding. Were you signed in on the second phone? Just asking before trying it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-21T11:36:24+00:00

    I was stuck in this loop after upgrading my Iphone for three days. Super frustrating. I finally logged into Office 365, and went into Outlook. Click on your initials in the upper right and go to 'view account' and then 'security info', then 'update info'. I added sign-in methods for both email and phone. Then after this, my phone allowed me to receive a text code (or email) to validate, versus just the authenticator app that I couldn't get in because it was in this validation loop. Hope this helps!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-08T15:12:10+00:00

    HI,

    What admin center can it be re configured in

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments