Teams account for child without phone number

Anonymous
2020-07-26T19:12:12+00:00

I am trying to set up teams accounts for my 2 kids since we all will need different logins between my work and their school.  I was able to create the account, get a verification email to the child's email address, but when I try to finish setting up the account, it requires a phone number.  My children do not have phones and it will not let me use my phone number again.  How do I set it up without requiring another phone number?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-03-17T08:42:49+00:00

    This is ridiculous, almost laughable that MICROSOFT cannot even be bothered to answer this question, 2 children sharing MY account on my IPAD because their accounts need a phone number.. I see when money is involved it's different, my children can spend money on their own microsoft accounts ( supervised by my account ) but can't use teams to talk to school during lockdown, what a joke........

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-11T15:30:45+00:00

    Come on, Microsoft! It's 2021 already and there's still no solution to such a simple problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-07-27T02:43:42+00:00

    Hello Jennifer,

    Apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused to you. My view of point is that it should be a security measure and can’t be bypassed. Therefore, we need to use a unique phone number for each Teams sign-up. You could kindly ask other family members whether they can share their phone numbers for Teams sign-up.

    Best Regards,

    Anna

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-05-17T16:10:56+00:00

    This is NOT a security measure; they would use an authenticator app (like the google one I have on my tablet) if that was the reason.

    It is simply a way of Microsoft harvesting personal information so they can send unwanted messages and make unwanted phone calls to people for marketing purposes. Sure, you'll be able to opt out of most of that ****, but they know most people will not.

    I do not need a phone number for any other aspect of my microsoft 365 subscription, and I do not even HAVE a mobile number, so why should I for Teams.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-03-09T15:38:20+00:00

    Microsoft. You have a solution for this ? It's 2020.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments