Teams account for child without phone number

Anonymous
2020-07-26T19:12:12+00:00

I am trying to set up teams accounts for my 2 kids since we all will need different logins between my work and their school.  I was able to create the account, get a verification email to the child's email address, but when I try to finish setting up the account, it requires a phone number.  My children do not have phones and it will not let me use my phone number again.  How do I set it up without requiring another phone number?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-10-05T19:47:14+00:00

    I've got a similar question.

    Creating an account for my grandma (in my family) to use Teams for family video calling.

    My grandma doesn't have a mobile phone number either.

    What's the best way to achieve this?

    Thanks,

    G

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-11-25T10:13:11+00:00

    When authenticating/validating an account that is configured as Child (through Microsoft Family settings), a suggestion would be that the authentication/validation process should rather trigger a validation through the Microsoft Family settings (parent's) application - just for any other elevation or delegated authentication - not by adding a unique phone number.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-25T15:44:51+00:00

    I don't want to add my phone number to my personal Microsoft Account for more privacy and security. So this means I won't be able to use Teams. Your loss, MS.

    Please add your voice and upvote this suggestion:

    Remove Phone Number Requirement for Personal Microsoft Accounts – Welcome to UserVoice!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-11-25T12:53:29+00:00

    Yes and go directly to authenticator if set up that way. Or allow an adult to set up authenticator for a child account that could use thar method.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-01-25T15:48:06+00:00

    Same issue here up the Great White North.

    Anna- Your Microsoft Teams Implementation blows. Maybe the Chinese or Russians have a better functioning Program- Haha- we know that they have 5G...

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments