Teams account for child without phone number

Anonymous
2020-07-26T19:12:12+00:00

I am trying to set up teams accounts for my 2 kids since we all will need different logins between my work and their school.  I was able to create the account, get a verification email to the child's email address, but when I try to finish setting up the account, it requires a phone number.  My children do not have phones and it will not let me use my phone number again.  How do I set it up without requiring another phone number?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-29T21:10:23+00:00

    I do not want to provide my phone number, my cell is the only number I do not get telemarketing and scam calls on and I can assure you once I put my number here I will start getting them. Why do you need my cell number. I have had my account forever and there are other security measures that can be used.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-12-05T04:31:23+00:00

    Microsoft is trying to push people to Teams From Skype. I understand That. Teams is pretty much a new version of Skype. Skype only Needed your Microsoft Account. Teams also Needs a Phone Number!!! Ridiculous. Microsoft, Either put all of the Teams features into Skype, or Stop asking for a Phone Number! It's That Simple! I want to talk to my Friends in Teams instead of Skype, and They Don't have a phone or/and phone number!

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-06T01:15:40+00:00

    Is there a solution to this? Kids don't have phones so I would have expected one by now.

    -Max

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-04-27T07:07:23+00:00

    This is not a security measure. You can register the same phone number for 2FA on two or more different accounts (I have three, actually), and get SMS's when logging in from new places for all of them. Or you can install the Microsoft Authentication app for that security bit, if preferred.

    However, Teams in a private context will not let you log in unless there is a unique phone number registered with that account.

    It works perfectly for a cooperate account, but not for a private account - both my cooperate and private Microsoft account can use Teams with the same 2FA phone number. But two private accounts cannot.

    So, I second the plea: Please fix!

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-04-26T21:57:07+00:00

    I've had this hotmail account for over 20 years without Microsoft knowing my phone number, but somehow harvesting my 2021 phone number will increase my security by verifying who I am?

    If you don't already know my phone number how does harvesting it "verify" anything?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments