Intel Core i7-6700HQ Not Getting The Windows 11 Update?

Anonymous
2021-10-13T03:29:44+00:00

Hi there,

The Intel core i7-6700HQ is still even in 2021, a pretty powerful CPU, what led Microsoft to decide that PC users with this CPU should not get an update to windows 11? It is not so that this CPU can't handle the Windows 11 operating system. Should older PC's with still powerful enough CPU's be left out? Is this "good business" for Microsoft?

Would appreciate your insights and comments on this,

Thank you!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-02-08T02:36:14+00:00

    If that is the case then why does Microsoft keep attempting to auto-update my Windows 10 OS? The update fails repeatedly and is extremely disruptive. Surely the update software should be able to recognise the laptop's processor before imposing itself?

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-11-11T12:13:05+00:00

    I have had my Laptop in the Insider program with windows 11 for over a year without any crashes!
    It works perfectly well.

    All apps work.

    Microsoft is pushing the world to more polution by pushing us to buy new equiptment.

    SPECS:

    ICore i7-6700 CPU @2.60GHZ meets all necessary specs
    Secure setup is working
    TPM is working, I have 16GB Ram,

    Storage over 1 TB and SSD256

    4cores

    Come on Microsoft stop pushing people to buy stuff

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-10-13T03:33:54+00:00

    Your CPU isn't supported and capable to run Windows 11.

    Microsoft had tested all the CPUs and probably, they didn't got good results from your one.

    Even though your CPU is powerful, it may not have the features and performance that Windows 11 needs.

    Read this:

    https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2021/08/27/update-on-windows-11-minimum-system-requirements-and-the-pc-health-check-app/

    The compatible CPU list will not be updated. But you can log your thoughts as a suggestion in the Feedback hub. Microsoft may change it's decision. Less chances though.

    Regards,

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-05-14T23:45:14+00:00

    I have no idea why it's not supported. It is an old unit, (3Q/2015) I have a i7-6700K (2 desktops) also (3Q/2015). Purchased 2017, I loaded Win 11 from scratch and re-installed all my apps and they work fine. Patches also worked. My opinion is either MS or Dell which I use want you to buy new equipment. The CPUs have not failed so far. My opinion may be wrong, but i doubt it. Just a money-making scam. I am going to try VMWARE and then run Win11. I'll wait to 2025 to upgrade if I need to. May not need a PC then, probably will be able to run anything from my I-pad or I-phone by then. (I am retired anyway)

    Good luck.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-02-16T19:53:28+00:00

    What this means is that a machine that has 52% more kernel mode crashes than a machine that is 99.8% crash free is that the machine in question is only 99.7% crash free.

    That's because the 99.8% crash free machines had 0.2% crashes and 52% more than that is 0.3% crashes. So all machines tested average out to at least 99.7% crash free.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments