Airpods pro mic not working on windows 11

Anonymous
2023-05-03T09:14:29+00:00

Hi there,

since more or less one week my airpods pro mic doesn't work anymore on windows 11.

If I go on Sound>properties>input settings the format is empty and the volume is on 0.

any idea what's going wrong?

thanks a lot

Best

Daniele

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-09-27T19:24:25+00:00

    I have followed all on these steps on a Think Pad T14 running the latest version of Windows 11 and the microphone still refuses to work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-18T19:34:25+00:00

    I reached home from the office.... tried to connect my AirPods pro 2 .... the same problem again.... The funny thing is ..... now the problem is not just with the mic, unable to hear anything on Airpods now :|

    I tried the same steps from your previous comment.... worked for some time.... Disconnected the airpods.... now back to square one.... not sure how to deal with this on a daily basis.... Every time I place the AirPods back in the case and reconnect after a while... I cannot keep rebooting the PC after removing the Airpod drivers......

    MS should really look into fixing this ... Wide scale of people are facing the same problem on Win 11 with Airpod Pro 2.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-09-28T03:07:33+00:00

    Funny, had the impression it is getting worse after the update, but could be just a impression. Anyway last 3 days it worked perfect for few hours and hat to reboot

    Unbelievable, win11 made a working PC not better

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-08-28T12:38:20+00:00

    I put this in another thread about the same subject but the last time I tested, it worked normally and the mic functioned as expected. No special procedure was necessary. The problem has only happened prior with the AirPods Pro Gen 2.

    Intel Bluetooth driver version 22.240.0.2

    Windows 11 version 22621.2215

    One strange thing I noticed, was when the voice recorder was active, the audio output was louder than when I turned that off.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-05-03T17:36:17+00:00

    What you normally have to do is remove the device the pair it again. The microphone situation on the version 1 and version 2 are a little different. Version 2 seems to be able to connect to only one system for the microphone. The version 1 AirPods Pro appears to work fairly normally in Windows 11.

    I have little experience in using a Microphone so I am not that familiar with normal operation.

    If you can't get anything, you can do a hard reset on AirPods Pro which might clear things out so they will work better. Also, check the version of the firmware you have to make sure it is the latest.

    About firmware updates for AirPods - Apple Support

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments