DPC Watchdog Violation caused by ntoskrnl.exe and other various causes

Anonymous
2023-10-12T00:36:25+00:00

I am fed up and tired of Lenovo not handling this for their customers, it's been over a year since I purchased this laptop from them (Lenovo Yoga 7 14ARB7, 6800U and 32GB ram model)

I've still been having the same DPC watchdog violation BSOD's, with increasing frequency these past few days.

All I can seem to deduce is it tends to happen when I am either interacting with the touchscreen or the trackpad.

It's been basically the same 0x00000133 and ntoskrnl.exe for the past 2 months or so, but when I originally got my hands on it, there were others causing it such as amdkmdag.sys, dxgmms2.sys, msgpioclx.sys, and WppRecorder.sys.

If anyone can help me out, I have kept copies of all the dump files that I remembered to copy over, which is most of them. Just let me know how I should upload it.

Moderator note < rearranged sentences for better clarity >

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-24T02:53:07+00:00

    Got it. I will use third-party software to make some backups this weekend, too busy with midterms this week.

    And yes, those dates seem correct, but it also depends on how much I am using the trackpad and touchscreen, as those seem to trigger the BSOD, especially today's (10/23) was triggered when I touched the touchscreen with pen stylus in tablet mode.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-24T02:39:29+00:00

    Ok.

    Today is 10/23/2023.

    There were BSOD on:

    10/23

    10/21

    10/20

    10/19

    10/17

    Microsoft deprecated backup imaging.

    Third party imaging (restoring an image) is relatively quick.

    It may be shorter than 5 days but the longer the continuous testing the better the testing conditions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-24T00:54:29+00:00

    Ah I see, but since this is my primary device, I would have to hold off on that for a while, until maybe thanksgiving where I can have 5 days uninterrupted of testing, albeit not in real-world conditions, so I'm not sure if it would trigger the bsod.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-24T00:35:24+00:00

    The backup images are for testing hardware in a Windows 10 environment with new drivers.

    Once testing has completed an image can be restored.

    Alternatively you can place the computer into continuous safe mode with networking (very large font) for 3 - 7 days.

    The longer the continuous safe mode with networking the better the testing conditions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-23T23:14:25+00:00

    I have, using the built-in windows file history and system image. Do you think it may be a problem with SSD? If so, I was already prepping to buy a new m.2 to replace the internal one.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments