None of those options are available in Bios, so not sure if they are on or not by default.
DPC Watchdog Violation caused by ntoskrnl.exe and other various causes
I am fed up and tired of Lenovo not handling this for their customers, it's been over a year since I purchased this laptop from them (Lenovo Yoga 7 14ARB7, 6800U and 32GB ram model)
I've still been having the same DPC watchdog violation BSOD's, with increasing frequency these past few days.
All I can seem to deduce is it tends to happen when I am either interacting with the touchscreen or the trackpad.
It's been basically the same 0x00000133 and ntoskrnl.exe for the past 2 months or so, but when I originally got my hands on it, there were others causing it such as amdkmdag.sys, dxgmms2.sys, msgpioclx.sys, and WppRecorder.sys.
If anyone can help me out, I have kept copies of all the dump files that I remembered to copy over, which is most of them. Just let me know how I should upload it.
Moderator note < rearranged sentences for better clarity >
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2023-10-23T17:59:16+00:00 -
VARADHARAJAN K 9,726 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator2023-10-23T17:52:48+00:00 BSOD caused by this file ntkrnlmp.exe, at present no particular solution.
disable overclocking in bios, disable RAID mode in bios, disable XMP profile in bios.
-
Anonymous
2023-10-23T17:32:25+00:00 -
VARADHARAJAN K 9,726 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator2023-10-23T17:23:32+00:00 Share newly created dump file for checking.
You can prevent to for single device driver.
But you can prevent al device driver automatically downloading drivers from windows update
-
Anonymous
2023-10-23T17:13:31+00:00 Just had another Bsod, although this one was much slower to occur. And it happened during class, I don't have time to create a v2. I do have the dump file though, if that is useful.
2 small things I noticed when installing GPU driver, windows update might've overwrote the Lenovo direct one with 2 different ones.
I have my suspicions, but I don't know how to prevent windows update from installing excluding the pause button in windows update, but that needs to be renewed every 5 weeks. If there is a way to prevent specific driver installation, letting me know would be great.