DPC Watchdog Violation caused by ntoskrnl.exe and other various causes

Anonymous
2023-10-12T00:36:25+00:00

I am fed up and tired of Lenovo not handling this for their customers, it's been over a year since I purchased this laptop from them (Lenovo Yoga 7 14ARB7, 6800U and 32GB ram model)

I've still been having the same DPC watchdog violation BSOD's, with increasing frequency these past few days.

All I can seem to deduce is it tends to happen when I am either interacting with the touchscreen or the trackpad.

It's been basically the same 0x00000133 and ntoskrnl.exe for the past 2 months or so, but when I originally got my hands on it, there were others causing it such as amdkmdag.sys, dxgmms2.sys, msgpioclx.sys, and WppRecorder.sys.

If anyone can help me out, I have kept copies of all the dump files that I remembered to copy over, which is most of them. Just let me know how I should upload it.

Moderator note < rearranged sentences for better clarity >

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-21T19:45:06+00:00

    For any new unexpected shutdowns and restarts and BSOD post a new V2 share link into the newest post.

    Make free or pay backup images and save the images to another disk drive or the cloud:

    (Acronis, Aoemi, EaseUS, Macrium, Paragon, etc.)

    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect | Tutorials (tenforums.com)

    Which drive has been temporarily attached to the laptop?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-21T16:35:53+00:00
    1. Received no update needed message, as it determined that everything was up to date:

    1. I have already re-installed AMD IO Driver, waiting on results to see if any new bsod occurs

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-21T16:31:16+00:00

    Cleaned Up with DDU, reinstalled both amd io and and VGA from lenovo after.

    Here are results from lenovo diagnostics: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/58lqxsp5xy6o2yghg0krv/PF40QM5M-2023-10-21-122956.html?rlkey=rium17hgo8n1qxlt848svkapz&dl=0

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-21T15:28:12+00:00

    Already did that

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. VARADHARAJAN K 9,726 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-10-21T15:05:34+00:00

    I checked clean boot dump file created on today, i found BSOD caused by amdgpio2.sys

    install the latest AMD IO controller driver from the laptop manufacturer's site.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments