DPC Watchdog Violation caused by ntoskrnl.exe and other various causes

Anonymous
2023-10-12T00:36:25+00:00

I am fed up and tired of Lenovo not handling this for their customers, it's been over a year since I purchased this laptop from them (Lenovo Yoga 7 14ARB7, 6800U and 32GB ram model)

I've still been having the same DPC watchdog violation BSOD's, with increasing frequency these past few days.

All I can seem to deduce is it tends to happen when I am either interacting with the touchscreen or the trackpad.

It's been basically the same 0x00000133 and ntoskrnl.exe for the past 2 months or so, but when I originally got my hands on it, there were others causing it such as amdkmdag.sys, dxgmms2.sys, msgpioclx.sys, and WppRecorder.sys.

If anyone can help me out, I have kept copies of all the dump files that I remembered to copy over, which is most of them. Just let me know how I should upload it.

Moderator note < rearranged sentences for better clarity >

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-21T14:48:36+00:00

    Warranty status: I still have 14 month extended warranty left, but outside of warranty range as I used to live elsewhere where this laptop was purchased, but have since moved.

    When bsod occurs, usually none is attached. I only recently got a wired keyboard, but this happening well before yesterday, so that is not included. In the original post with all of the bsod reports I've saved, there are downtimes where there were no bsod because I was using a mouse at the time, which i currently am not using due to reasons.

    I will attempt the steps provided, though driver-related steps, I have performed them before, and Lenovo has yet to release newer software since I last attempted.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-21T14:40:34+00:00

    Number 3 and 4 are here: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/t1b4tgbbbrztl9tz19lxb/h?rlkey=qa8jo3k8rrv3h7go04krfh868&dl=0

    I feel like I didn't do safe boot correctly. I shift+restarted, and it brought me to windows startup repair window, but there was no option for safe boot, so I clicked on continue to windows.

    Oh, and these were collected after another bsod this morning at 9:42, I think it should've been collected with number 3 and 4.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. VARADHARAJAN K 9,726 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-10-21T14:11:03+00:00

    I downloaded dump files, i checked, and i found bsod caused by three files

    ntkrnlmp.exe

    dxgkrnl.sys

    amdgpio2.sys

    1. You need to update DirectX version

    Download DirectX End-User Runtime from Official Microsoft Download Center

    1. You need to install the latest AMD IO driver download from the manufacturer's site

    laptops and netbooks:: yoga series :: yoga 7 14arb7 Lenovo PC Support - Lenovo Support US

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-21T07:00:54+00:00

    The latest post that you made while I was composing and posting had not been seen.

    Make sure that Microsoft defender is on.

    Uninstall Malwarebytes as needed.

    Fltmc and Tuneup plus were ok.

    The startup and recovery system failure settings are now optimal.

    For any new BSOD after all of the above steps post a new V2 share link

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-21T06:45:29+00:00

    What is the laptop's warranty status?

    List hardware attached to ports: mouse, keyboard, gaming, etc.

    1. When available post results for fltmc and tuneup plus.
    2. Uninstall the GPU drivers using DDU.

    Reinstall from the Lenovo website.

    1. Reinstall the AMD chipset drivers from the Lenovo website.
    2. Run the Lenovo diagnostics > post images or share links displaying the tests performed with results
    3. For any new BSOD after all of the above steps post a new V2 share link

    Display Driver Uninstaller: How to use | Tutorials (sevenforums.com)

    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) | Wagnardsoft

    https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-7-14arb7/82qf/82qfcto1ww/pf40qm5m/downloads/ds556780-amd-io-driver-for-windows-11-64-bit-yoga-7-14arb7?category=Motherboard%20Devices%20%28core%20chipset,%20onboard%20video,%20PCIe%20switches%29

    https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-7-14arb7/82qf/82qfcto1ww/pf40qm5m/downloads/ds556781-amd-vga-driver-for-windows-11-64-bit-yoga-7-14arb7?category=Graphics%20Processing%20Units%20%28GPU%29%20and%20Server-AI%20Accelerators

    https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-7-14arb7/82qf/82qfcto1ww/pf40qm5m/downloads/ds102688-lenovo-diagnostics-for-windows-10-64-bit-81-64-bit-8-64-bit-7-64-bit-2003-advanced-server-64-bit-and-2008-advanced-server-64-bit-desktops-notebooks-workstations?category=Diagnostic

    Name AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics

    PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_1681&SUBSYS_380117AA&REV_C1\4&23FBA460&0&0041

    Adapter Type AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x1681), Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. compatible

    Adapter Description AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics

    Adapter RAM (1,048,576) bytes

    Installed Drivers C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\u0396203.inf_amd64_5e077edb2ed5b984\B396137\aticfx64.dll,C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\u0396203.inf_amd64_5e077edb2ed5b984\B396137\aticfx64.dll,C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\u0396203.inf_amd64_5e077edb2ed5b984\B396137\aticfx64.dll,C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\u0396203.inf_amd64_5e077edb2ed5b984\B396137\amdxc64.dll

    Driver Version 31.0.22011.4008

    INF File oem53.inf (ati2mtag_Rembrandt section)

    Driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERSTORE\FILEREPOSITORY\U0396203.INF_AMD64_5E077EDB2ED5B984\B396137\AMDKMDAG.SYS (31.0.22011.4008, 101.47 MB (106,402,216 bytes), 9/28/23 14:05)

    amdgpio2 AMD GPIO Client Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\amdgpio2.sys

    amdi2c AMD I2C Controller Service c:\windows\system32\drivers\amdi2c.sys

    amdfendr AMD Crash Defender Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\amdfendr.sys

    amduw23g amduw23g c:\windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository\u0396203.inf_amd64_5e077edb2ed5b984\b396137\amdkmdag.sys

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments