Possible broken drive keeps crashing my pc, how do I fix this? Is it corrupted or physically broken?

Anonymous
2025-01-15T19:39:38+00:00

Hi, my pc has been giving me BSOD like 10 times a day for the past 10 or more days because of corrupted files or ram issues (I'm not sure), I tried checking for the drive integrity and this came out:

"Error Checking (Windows (C:)

Repair this drive

Windows found errors on this drive that need to be repaired. Close this dialog box, and then repair the drive."

So out of curiosity I tried doing the same to my other drive and came out with the same issue. How do I fix this? Do I need to reset my PC? Do I have to buy a new drive? Or do I need to perform a fresh install of windows 11?

Bsod errors I've been getting:

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

And other I can't remember now

They usually happen when I start my PC, and I'll get 5 or 10 of them one after the other before my PC starts working "properly"

After I manage I get through the bsod errors my PC seems to run just fine for some time before giving me more errors (usually 3-4 hours)

I can provide dump files if explained how to do so

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-01-20T13:18:53+00:00

Glad to help.

Best regards.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-01-16T17:40:02+00:00

    You can download the driver and BIOS file using any device with internet access.

    After downloading, transfer the file to your desktop and proceed with the installation.

    If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-16T17:36:52+00:00

    Hi David, I'm trying to follow the steps you gave me but I can't

    I'm having a hard time opening any search engine on my computer because they keep crashing, if I open the first link you sent me it will show me an empty page with the text "not a file" on it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-01-16T17:14:30+00:00

    Sorry. It was just an innocent mistake. I'm more used to dealing with HP laptops than desktops. Just that.

    But updating the BIOS doesn't make any difference whether it's a laptop or a desktop. Just follow HP's instructions in the letter to update it.

    If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-16T17:10:34+00:00

    Hi David, thank you for the reply, I'll try to do what you suggested and update you.

    I just wanted to mention that my computer is not a laptop, I don't know if this info is of any help in this situation

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments