Possible broken drive keeps crashing my pc, how do I fix this? Is it corrupted or physically broken?

Anonymous
2025-01-15T19:39:38+00:00

Hi, my pc has been giving me BSOD like 10 times a day for the past 10 or more days because of corrupted files or ram issues (I'm not sure), I tried checking for the drive integrity and this came out:

"Error Checking (Windows (C:)

Repair this drive

Windows found errors on this drive that need to be repaired. Close this dialog box, and then repair the drive."

So out of curiosity I tried doing the same to my other drive and came out with the same issue. How do I fix this? Do I need to reset my PC? Do I have to buy a new drive? Or do I need to perform a fresh install of windows 11?

Bsod errors I've been getting:

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

And other I can't remember now

They usually happen when I start my PC, and I'll get 5 or 10 of them one after the other before my PC starts working "properly"

After I manage I get through the bsod errors my PC seems to run just fine for some time before giving me more errors (usually 3-4 hours)

I can provide dump files if explained how to do so

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-01-20T13:18:53+00:00

Glad to help.

Best regards.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-01-16T17:02:14+00:00

    Sorry for the delay in reply. I've been offline.
    Thanks for the clarification.

    Let's focus on the instability problem first because the procedure I'm going to suggest may end up helping to fix the other problem.

    I suggest doing the following:

    • Download the latest chipset driver from the link below and install it.
      https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp100001-100500/...
      (Run the downloaded EXE file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.)
    • I noticed that the computer BIOS is outdated. I suggest you update it by following HP's instructions.

    Then, see if the system will work stable.

    If the crash occurs again after doing this, share the minidump it created. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.

    Driver source: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/hp-pavilio...

    Feel free to ask back any questions.
    ________________________________________________________
    Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-16T14:46:53+00:00

    Hi David, I am now able to sign in to the system desktop

    I still have missing sound drivers and it keeps crashing, as well as crashing tabs when I try to use internet browsers, an error comes up saying the page crashed

    I thought of a drive issue initially because when I tried scanning my drives they both came up with errors, but if you say nothing is wrong then I trust you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-01-16T12:16:52+00:00

    Sorry for the delay in reply. I've been offline.

    The minidumps don't mention any drivers. Only a generic system file and memory corruption.

    The sign in issue you mentioned usually doesn't last forever. Just wait a few minutes and you'll be able to sign in again, unless there has been severe system corruption.

    Before suggesting a procedure, please clarify the following:

    Are you still unable to sign in to the system desktop?

    I await your reply. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-15T23:56:33+00:00

    Hi David, I wanted to update you on my computer situation

    I haven't touched it since I sent you those dump files, and in the mean time it kept giving me bsod, so after a little I just turned it off.

    Now, after a little more than an hour, I turned it on again, just to find out it won't accept my password, if I try typing it in it will give me an error and prevent me from getting in by saying "too many failed attempts, try again later"

    I never failed putting in my password today, so I don't understand why it doesn't work.

    If I try clicking on "I forgot my pin" it will briefly open a Microsoft page and then instantly close it without anything happening.

    What can I do?

    Edit: apparently I've been locked out of my PC because it crashed too many times or something like that

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments