Possible broken drive keeps crashing my pc, how do I fix this? Is it corrupted or physically broken?

Anonymous
2025-01-15T19:39:38+00:00

Hi, my pc has been giving me BSOD like 10 times a day for the past 10 or more days because of corrupted files or ram issues (I'm not sure), I tried checking for the drive integrity and this came out:

"Error Checking (Windows (C:)

Repair this drive

Windows found errors on this drive that need to be repaired. Close this dialog box, and then repair the drive."

So out of curiosity I tried doing the same to my other drive and came out with the same issue. How do I fix this? Do I need to reset my PC? Do I have to buy a new drive? Or do I need to perform a fresh install of windows 11?

Bsod errors I've been getting:

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

And other I can't remember now

They usually happen when I start my PC, and I'll get 5 or 10 of them one after the other before my PC starts working "properly"

After I manage I get through the bsod errors my PC seems to run just fine for some time before giving me more errors (usually 3-4 hours)

I can provide dump files if explained how to do so

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-01-20T13:18:53+00:00

Glad to help.

Best regards.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-16T17:58:38+00:00

    i tried checking for bios updates but nothing really, on the official hp website it tells me to use hp assistant (but like i said before, it doesn't work) meanwhile from the drivers link you provided me with it only outdated updates, when i tried downloading them my pc told me they were older than the one my pc currently has installed

    i'm gonna try run crystal disk info and update you right now

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-01-16T17:47:25+00:00

    In this case, I have 2 suspicions about the cause of this problem.

    1. A severe corruption of Windows.
    2. A hardware problem.

    See if you can check the "health" of your HD/SSD using Crystal Disk Info.

    https://crystalmark.info/en/download/#CrystalDi...

    (On this same page, there is the download of another app. The "Crystal Disk Mark". Do not download Crystal Disk Mark. Download only the "Crystal Disk Info".)

    Download the "Standard Edition" by clicking on the "ZIP (XP-)" button.

    Extract the ZIP and run the file "DiskInfo64.exe".

    The health result of your HD/SSD will be displayed. See if there are any alerts.

    Feel free to share a screenshot if you want. Use the shortcut "Windows + Shift + S" to use the screenshot tool.

    Let me know the result. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.

    Feel free to ask back any questions.

    ________________________________________________________

    Standard Disclaimer: There is a link to a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-16T17:43:44+00:00

    i did what you told me and opened the file, after a quick loading it opened what seemed like a cmd page and nothing else happened

    edit: hp told me to check for bios updates on HP support assistant, but it won't let me open it, it's stuck on an endless loading screen

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-16T17:41:34+00:00

    nevermind it's working now i think

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments