Thank you both. Tried this. Seems the only way to speak to an human is letting me call back or asking the community. Was hoping to write an email or at least chat with someone.
Devices under Microsoft account disappeared after Windows update
After running the latest Windows update, my two laptops, xbox controllers stopped getting listed under Microsoft account/devices.I tried all the usual methods including a factory reset, but it still does not work. Under Microsoft Store device management, there is a blank entry and it does not let me unlink it.
It looks like that the link between device and Microsoft account is corrupted or there is a sync issue. I contacted Microsoft support but they are not sure why and asked me to wait 30 days to see if the device list will refresh automatically.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
51 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2025-06-19T10:12:19+00:00 -
Anonymous
2025-06-19T09:22:02+00:00 As I do have an issue with my controller and can't find or add it to my account, I was trying to find a way to conatact the customer support directly, but I always end up with the virtual agent that doesn't help at all. Any advice on contacting the customer support directly? I allready tried answering to old mails from the support, but did not get an answer.
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2025-06-16T09:07:21+00:00 I had tried, no help.
This problem is caused by an issue with the MS sync device on the MS internal side; it looks like there's nothing we can do before they resolve it. I tried to contact the MS support, and they said they have no deadline to resolve this issue.
Only waiting for MS actions.
-
Anonymous
2025-06-15T15:55:49+00:00 I tried to add XSX controller to my devices list but that also does not work. My controller was on the list already but it disappeared automatically when this issue has started.
If you have Microsoft device, try the same. This is definitely some sort of sync issue. It has started after the latest windows update few weeks ago when windows was doing auto update on my computer - 24h2.
I also tried factory resetting, that does not help. Microsoft support recommended to wait 30 days to see if the list gets updated.