Devices under Microsoft account disappeared after Windows update

Anonymous
2025-05-30T23:14:25+00:00

After running the latest Windows update, my two laptops, xbox controllers stopped getting listed under Microsoft account/devices.I tried all the usual methods including a factory reset, but it still does not work. Under Microsoft Store device management, there is a blank entry and it does not let me unlink it.

It looks like that the link between device and Microsoft account is corrupted or there is a sync issue. I contacted Microsoft support but they are not sure why and asked me to wait 30 days to see if the device list will refresh automatically.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-10T20:20:45+00:00

    I found another answer:

    Activated Windows Device Not Listed in My Profile - Microsoft Community

    Recently, Microsoft made changes that now allow only Surface devices to consistently appear under the "Registered Devices" section. If you have third-party devices (such as HP or Dell) it’s not an issue if they don’t appear. There is currently no fix for this behavior, and these devices may or may not show up.

    If that's actually true, it means that the devices are missing "by design".

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-10T20:08:13+00:00

    I have more news. Unfortunately, none of it is good.

    First, the 2025-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 24H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5060842) was installed today. That did not fix my device not showing up in the Microsoft account device page.

    Second, I tried a repair install (download the Microsoft windows 11 ISO, mount it, run setup, and keep all). This did not fix the problem either.

    The only thing I would have left to try is a clean install, but it sounds like the person who started this thread already did that.

    I guess we have to wait a month and bug Microsoft after that. :-(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-06-08T23:47:25+00:00

    Required diagnostic data is being sent.

    As I said earlier, I have three more identical machines configured the same way. Those three are not having any issue. I suspect something with the last update somehow affected my machine that is having problems.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-06-08T23:34:42+00:00

    I have the exact same issue, including the blank entry in the Microsoft Store device management.

    Did you skip the oobeSystem configuration pass during the Windows-Setup?

    For example by using OOBE\BYPASSNRO, or start ms-cxh:localonly

    Are you using a privacy tool like O&O ShutUp10 or W10Privacy on your Computer?

    Please go to Start  > Settings  > Privacy & security > Diagnostics & feedback and check if at least Required diagnostic data is enabled.

    It could be that if you don't send any kind of telemetry data, your Windows device can't be added to your Microsoft account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-06-08T19:02:00+00:00

    Thanks for the information. I appreciate it.

    I forgot to mention that I had also chatted for about an hour today along with a remote connect. We eventually came to the conclusion that I should try a repair install. The computer runs in headless mode, so this requires that I switch some hardware around to do it. Now it really does sound like I should wait. As far as I can tell, it does not affect the computer in any way. I only noticed it missing from the Microsoft account web page because I was there for other reasons. I will keep an eye on it and post here if things change.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments