Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 Build 16299.19 Double Login Screen Problem

Anonymous
2017-10-18T23:35:35+00:00

Hello Everyone,

          After the current update to Windows 10 on 10/17/17 Fall Creators Update OS Build 16299.19 1709. I'm now experiencing a little problem that I hope a Microsoft  technical engineer will take note, and issue a FIX in the next cumulative Update. When ever I enter my Password in the login screen, I Have to enter it in twice. It has like a little hang. It does Not have this problem when waking from sleep, Only on Fresh Boot... (start up). 

Also Microsoft: I have sent this problem to your "Feedback Hub" in hopes you will send a Fix.

Edit10/21/17 MicrosoftPlease see my last post to myself at end of this thread for temporary work around???...

Thank-You...

And Best Regards...

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-10-24T18:43:07+00:00

Hi all,

We are investigating reports of customers being asked to enter their password or PIN twice on the lock screen.

I am confirming the steps Leprechaun J wrote in a previous reply as the correct workaround at this time.

Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.

Down in the Privacy sections, toggle off the setting to “Use my sign-in info to automatically finish settings up my device after an update or restart.”

You will not see that second prompt for a password/pin the next time you start up.

Upvote / Follow one of the previously shared Feedback Hub reports to keep up to date with communications about the issue.

Paul…

Was this answer helpful?

40+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-10-20T21:27:29+00:00

    Please answer-by-number, preferably without quoting my post:

    1. When (approx. date) did you purchase the computer?
    2. Did the computer come with Win10 preinstalled, did you do a clean install of Win10, or did you upgrade a Win7 computer or a Win8.1 computer [<=PICK ONE!] to Win10?
    3. Who manufactured the computer (e.g., Dell; HP; Acer; Lenovo; ASUS)?
    4. Has a Norton application or a McAfee application EVER been installed on the computer since you bought it?
    5. Have you ever run the Norton Removal Tool, the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool, and/or the McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-10-20T15:33:36+00:00

    Thanks for reporting this issue. If you could please use repro mode on the Feedback Hub under category Security Privacy and Accounts -> Signing In, it would be helpful to get the needed logs to quickly track the issue down. 


    Hey Jeremy,

                 Done, they added me to the list.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Sumit 44,436 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2017-10-20T15:32:46+00:00

    Yes, thankfully I am using my PC now. Please upvote the feedback on this link:

    https://aka.ms/Suea3v

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-10-20T15:15:40+00:00

    This is a know issue. Have discussed it with MS, they said to up vote the link here :

    https://twitter.com/sumitdhiman01/status/920860512937680896


    Hi Sumit,

               Thank-You for your reply. Could you please post the correct Link?... I do not or will not use Twitter. I have posted this problem to the *Feedback Hub,*However I would like to be counted as one with this problem also, as you suggested.

    Thank-You...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments