Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 Build 16299.19 Double Login Screen Problem

Anonymous
2017-10-18T23:35:35+00:00

Hello Everyone,

          After the current update to Windows 10 on 10/17/17 Fall Creators Update OS Build 16299.19 1709. I'm now experiencing a little problem that I hope a Microsoft  technical engineer will take note, and issue a FIX in the next cumulative Update. When ever I enter my Password in the login screen, I Have to enter it in twice. It has like a little hang. It does Not have this problem when waking from sleep, Only on Fresh Boot... (start up). 

Also Microsoft: I have sent this problem to your "Feedback Hub" in hopes you will send a Fix.

Edit10/21/17 MicrosoftPlease see my last post to myself at end of this thread for temporary work around???...

Thank-You...

And Best Regards...

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-10-24T18:43:07+00:00

Hi all,

We are investigating reports of customers being asked to enter their password or PIN twice on the lock screen.

I am confirming the steps Leprechaun J wrote in a previous reply as the correct workaround at this time.

Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.

Down in the Privacy sections, toggle off the setting to “Use my sign-in info to automatically finish settings up my device after an update or restart.”

You will not see that second prompt for a password/pin the next time you start up.

Upvote / Follow one of the previously shared Feedback Hub reports to keep up to date with communications about the issue.

Paul…

Was this answer helpful?

40+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-10-20T15:07:18+00:00

    Did you choose to install Fall Creators Update manually or...?

    Were you running Win10 1709 OS Build 16299.0 prior to installing Fall Creators Update?


    Hello PA Bear,

           > Did you choose to install Fall Creators Update manually or...?

    It was downloaded and installed automatically on 10/17/17 through the Widows 10 update. And at that time i was running the most up to date Creators Update.

            > Were you running Win10 1709 OS Build 16299.0 prior to installing Fall Creators Update?

    No... 1703 Creators

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-10-19T20:48:18+00:00

    Thanks for reporting this issue. If you could please use repro mode on the Feedback Hub under category Security Privacy and Accounts -> Signing In, it would be helpful to get the needed logs to quickly track the issue down.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Neil D 34,340 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2017-10-19T11:18:35+00:00

    OK fair enough. I'd seen other comments where things were appearing on Twitter when I thought the whole point of this forum and the Feedback Hub was to give us info using those.

    I've noticed Dona tweets but it would be nice if she used this forum and/or the Feedback Hub.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Sumit 44,436 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2017-10-19T10:22:12+00:00

    Actually the tweet has the FB hub link. I was having difficulty in copying the link so posted the tweet itself.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments