Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 Build 16299.19 Double Login Screen Problem

Anonymous
2017-10-18T23:35:35+00:00

Hello Everyone,

          After the current update to Windows 10 on 10/17/17 Fall Creators Update OS Build 16299.19 1709. I'm now experiencing a little problem that I hope a Microsoft  technical engineer will take note, and issue a FIX in the next cumulative Update. When ever I enter my Password in the login screen, I Have to enter it in twice. It has like a little hang. It does Not have this problem when waking from sleep, Only on Fresh Boot... (start up). 

Also Microsoft: I have sent this problem to your "Feedback Hub" in hopes you will send a Fix.

Edit10/21/17 MicrosoftPlease see my last post to myself at end of this thread for temporary work around???...

Thank-You...

And Best Regards...

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-10-24T18:43:07+00:00

Hi all,

We are investigating reports of customers being asked to enter their password or PIN twice on the lock screen.

I am confirming the steps Leprechaun J wrote in a previous reply as the correct workaround at this time.

Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.

Down in the Privacy sections, toggle off the setting to “Use my sign-in info to automatically finish settings up my device after an update or restart.”

You will not see that second prompt for a password/pin the next time you start up.

Upvote / Follow one of the previously shared Feedback Hub reports to keep up to date with communications about the issue.

Paul…

Was this answer helpful?

40+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-12-10T13:51:14+00:00

    I gave up on waiting for a fix. As I stated earlier:

    To overcome the inconvenience of not being able to login with a PIN, I changed my login to "local PC" and no longer "my Microsoft email". My local login uses the 4-digit PIN as its password. This work-around is satisfactory for now until Microsoft is able to restore the PIN login feature.

    Thank you.

    Hal

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-12-10T05:25:39+00:00

    When will this be fixed?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments