How do I execute "Files Ready to Be Written to Disk"

Anonymous
2014-04-20T15:24:25+00:00

I burn an audio CD with Nero Burning ROM; it completes and verifies successfully.  But it doesn't play. The listing of the disc's contents includes, "Files ready to be written."  This was an obvious step in xP, but in 8.1 it not only isn't obvious, the execution is nowhere that I've been able to find.  I've seen other forum answers but have been unable to find one that works.

Can someone (MS staff?) help?

Thanks

Bob Schneider

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-04-22T01:04:08+00:00

Bob,

Thank you for the response.

You could try deleting any temporary files that may be left over from CD and DVD burning. Navigate to the hidden folder C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn\Temporary Burn Folder and delete everything.

Now try to burn. Keep us posted.

Was this answer helpful?

90+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-10-06T14:19:53+00:00

    Yes, I found the "Burn to Disc" on the share tab, but nothing happens when you click it.

    I've not been able to burn anything to a disc since I got windows 8.  Why would they make this so difficult?

    Someone please help.  Thanks.

    Vicky, I was having the same problem, Windows 8.1.  This is what worked for me.

    Don't use the share tab and the "burn to disc" under that tab.  Instead, when you see the "Files Ready to be Written to Disc", go back up one level to the CD/DVD drive icon under your PC and right click on the drive. Then left click on "Burn to disc".  Name the disc, select your burn speed and click next.

    Good luck

    I was having the same problem on Windows 10.  This fix worked after typing This PC on the start menu....right clicking on the DVD Drive and then clicking the burn button.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-10-27T17:38:27+00:00

    Bob,

    Thank you for the response.

    You could try deleting any temporary files that may be left over from CD and DVD burning. Navigate to the hidden folder C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn\Temporary Burn Folder and delete everything.

    Now try to burn. Keep us posted.

    This doesn't work. I have been using Windows since it came out and the continued disregard for user experience, while sadly expected, continues to be a major disappointment. Why is the process for burning a CD or DVD a mystery? Where is the "Burn" icon to click? Why do I have to search hidden files to make this work? 

    All I want to do is share a large file with a friend. That's the experience you should care about NOT what's convenient for MSFT from a technical standpoint.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-10-10T09:27:43+00:00

    Like Sherlock Holmes - seems elementary AFTER someone else has explained it to you, but you wouldn't have figured it out on your own.  That stupid "files are ready to be written to the disk" message without knowing what to do next drove me crazy.  You would think that clicking the notification flag would lead you to a solution . . . but NOOOOOOOOO!  Gotta hide the ball, don't they?  Typical Microsoft.  Everyone's a software engineer, right?  ANYWAY, thank you so much!  100% helpful.  Next stop, how to get rid of OneDrive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-01-03T15:08:05+00:00

    Don't use the share tab and the "burn to disc" under that tab.  Instead, when you see the "Files Ready to be Written to Disc", go back up one level to the CD/DVD drive icon under your PC and right click on the drive. Then left click on "Burn to disc".  Name the disc, select your burn speed and click next

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments