How do I execute "Files Ready to Be Written to Disk"

Anonymous
2014-04-20T15:24:25+00:00

I burn an audio CD with Nero Burning ROM; it completes and verifies successfully.  But it doesn't play. The listing of the disc's contents includes, "Files ready to be written."  This was an obvious step in xP, but in 8.1 it not only isn't obvious, the execution is nowhere that I've been able to find.  I've seen other forum answers but have been unable to find one that works.

Can someone (MS staff?) help?

Thanks

Bob Schneider

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-04-22T01:04:08+00:00

Bob,

Thank you for the response.

You could try deleting any temporary files that may be left over from CD and DVD burning. Navigate to the hidden folder C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn\Temporary Burn Folder and delete everything.

Now try to burn. Keep us posted.

Was this answer helpful?

90+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-09-29T23:25:34+00:00

    thanks this worked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-06-10T17:19:58+00:00

    Finally I was able to burn to disc by going up one level!  Thank you.  I have worked with windows since day one and today I have decided it really stinks. So no Windows 10 for me - I'm going to Mac.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-01-02T14:30:16+00:00

    George,

    Thank you for sharing the information. I am sure it would benefit other community members who is facing similar issues on their computers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-04-21T23:54:36+00:00

    Hi Anil,

    Thanks for your reply,

    To answer your questions:

    1. No, the problem has occurred with other discs;
    2. the same problem occurs on discs burned with Windows Media Player.

    The burned discs, whatever their source, include “Files Ready to Be Written to Disk” and a desktop.ini file that opens like a text file in Notepad.

    Does this help?

    Thanks.

    Bob

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments