How do I execute "Files Ready to Be Written to Disk"

Anonymous
2014-04-20T15:24:25+00:00

I burn an audio CD with Nero Burning ROM; it completes and verifies successfully.  But it doesn't play. The listing of the disc's contents includes, "Files ready to be written."  This was an obvious step in xP, but in 8.1 it not only isn't obvious, the execution is nowhere that I've been able to find.  I've seen other forum answers but have been unable to find one that works.

Can someone (MS staff?) help?

Thanks

Bob Schneider

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-04-22T01:04:08+00:00

Bob,

Thank you for the response.

You could try deleting any temporary files that may be left over from CD and DVD burning. Navigate to the hidden folder C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn\Temporary Burn Folder and delete everything.

Now try to burn. Keep us posted.

Was this answer helpful?

90+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-03-16T09:29:18+00:00

    This crap reminds of the manuals I encountered while being in the US Army. They tried to hard to simplify repairs (Mechanic) that it became difficult to understand what was being instructed.

    Same here, it's totally ignoramus on how to burn a music/data CD that it became difficult. To be blunt Microsoft, this is totally a waste of our time as the end users, while we all sit here and go click, click, click and absolutely nothing happens. Instead of a simple drag and drop, then execute.

    No, we gotta spend lots of time trying to burn a simple disk, and it became so stubbornly difficult that it makes us have to do a Google/YouTube Search just to burn a CD.

    PLEASE GET REAL HERE, DO US ALL A FAVOR AND FIRE THE PERSON WHO CAME UP WITH THIS IGNORANT CONCEPT. I KID YOU NOT!!

    I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO MEET THE PERSON WHO CAME UP WITH THIS DESIGN AND ASK HIM OR HER; "WHAT THE **** WERE YOU THINKING" Maaaaaaaan!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-11-07T15:43:02+00:00

    OK Same problem with Windows 10.  I have converted a PowerPoint file to video and want to burn it to a DVD.  But nothing happens except the "files ready to be written" command.  How to I get it to write????  I have had no problem burning music on a CD.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-05-23T17:35:05+00:00

    Right ON!!  This two-step process is ridiculous, Microsoft. If I ask to write files to a CD, it should just DO IT!  George has done your work for you, Microsoft, but why?  ... because you haven't checked with your users, that's why.  It's outrageous.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-04-22T15:23:23+00:00

    Thank you Anil!

    I found "desktop,ini" in that folder and removed it.

    I have been able to create playable CDs!

    Thank you again.

    Bob

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments