my monitor has suddenly lost color and is black and white, how do I restore the color

Anonymous
2011-09-29T18:31:24+00:00

my monitor has suddenly lost color and is black and white, how do I restore the color??

Windows for home | Other | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-12-22T02:01:17+00:00

    Hi

    I found a solution for my problem of the monitor going black and white (Windows 10). The solution was to use the Windows+Ctrl+C and it restored the colour.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    80+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-01-10T15:39:17+00:00

    Hi

    I found a solution for my problem of the monitor going black and white (Windows 10). The solution was to use the Windows+Ctrl+C and it restored the colour.

    Thanks

    Thanks.  The trick solved the color problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-01-24T23:52:47+00:00

    This happened to me again today. Attached in a screenshot of where I turned off the setting in "Color and high contrast" screen. ![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/86b87c0d-68c5-41ed-a155-1660f2dd4206?platform=QnAHere are the steps that I took to get here:

    1. In Windows 10, click in the lower-right corner and select All Settings.
    2. Click Ease of Access.
    3. In the right-hand column, click **Color & high contrast.**4. Turn the Apply color filter off (circled in the attached screenshot). 

    That should work immediately, that is if THAT is your issue. It was mine 2x now and I have no idea why that button was flipped to the ON spot?

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-12-23T16:12:32+00:00

    on windows 10 my screen iis black and white. no color

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments