my SP3 Wireless Adapter and BlueTooth Adapter flat out QUIT in the middle of an audio program.
they is effect "disappeared" from the Network Connectivity Folder as well - POOF -- GONE!
I have a feeling MS knows about this problem
See
http://pureinfotech.com/fix-surface-pro-3-wireless-adapter/
and
http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-acknowledges-surface-pro-3-disappearing-wi-fi-and-slow-connection-complaints
That being said these articles are from 2014.
as it is now nearly 2017, I think I have resolved my issue by doing the following:
Go to Start>Settings>Network & Internet
Beneath the display that reads:
"Network status"
near the bottom is "Network reset" (this maybe an "Updated" Fix that was not avaialber in 2014??)
Click this link and your Network and BlueTooth adapters will reset (so will any VPN Credentials you may have set up)
The reset "advisor" will tell you the process will take 5 minutes.
IMPORTANT STEP - after the reset process is complete and your Surface reboots ... you MUST REBOOT AGAIN.
so far this has solved my "disappearing" adapters