Intermittent bluetooth speaker outage with Jabra Elite 75t

Anonymous
2019-12-12T19:07:21+00:00

I had the Jabra Elite 65th for the longest time and loved them. I used them for Google Hangout and MS Teams calls for hours a day, in addition to phone calls. Unfortunately they got stolen, so I sprung for the new version recently, which is the Jabra Elite 75t.

I am having some very odd issues.  I can be on a hangout call for 5-10 minutes, and then suddenly the audio drops out. I can see the microphone is still working and participants on the call have confirmed they could hear me, but I cannot hear anything.  Most of the time it comes back after 30-40 seconds. I have tried putting my phone on DND (which worked with the 65th from preventing the phone to hijack the bluetooth) as well as turning the phone bluetooth off completely, but the issue still happens.

I have Surface Pro 4 with the the latest windows build:

Windows 10 Pro

Version 1909

OS Build 18363.535

I have tried unpairing and re-pairing, but with the same result. . I am not sure if it's possible to get bluetooth drivers right from the manufacturer (don't know who made the bluetooth) to update the drivers, but other than that I am not sure what else to do.

Surface | Surface Pro | Sound and camera

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-02-01T12:56:36+00:00

    The same for me with MS teams. The Jabra Elite 75t work very well - but not with MS Teams. I don't hear anything after 10-20 minutes.

    Jabra: Latest firmware is installed

    Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 (Business device)

    Microsoft Surface Pro 2017 5th generation (1796)

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-06-06T20:21:31+00:00

    Hi i do not know if you already fixed this problem but i just fixed mine by installing the latest bluetooth update from intel website. Cheers

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-12-17T22:16:24+00:00

    I had same scenario with Surface Book 2.  65t worked a charm for Teams calls.  75t cuts our intermittently after a short time.  Lost the 65t so bought 75t as a replacement.  Guess I'll try to find a good deal on some 65t for laptop connection then.  I'll still use the 75t with iPad.

    Yeah, my old 65t suddenly appeared! One of my kids had probably taken it. So at least I have a back-up now. I tried updating the 75t with the new firmware, went on a Skype for Business call and it worked for a full 25 minutes before starting to cut out.  Very odd problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-12-12T20:20:46+00:00

    Hello, Trolls12!

    Thank you for reaching Microsoft Community. We are sorry to learn that you keep getting disconnected with your Jabra Elite 75t. May I know if you have unpaired the old Jabra Elite 65th as part of troubleshooting?

    If yes, have you done a force shutdown on your device? If not, let's clear the cache and memory of your device by pressing and holding down the power button for 20 seconds, then restart. 

    If that doesn't work, use this two-button shutdown process to make sure your Surface turns off completely:

    1. Press and hold the power button on your Surface until the screen turns off (about 30 seconds), then release it.
    2. Press and hold the volume-up button and the power button at the same time until the screen turns off (about 15 seconds), then release both.

    The screen may flash the Surface logo, but continue holding the buttons down for at least 15 seconds. 3. After you release the buttons, wait 10 seconds. 4. Press and release the power button to turn your Surface back on. You should see the Surface logo.

    If that does not help, let's address the driver of your speaker. Please reinstall the specific Bluetooth driver of your speaker by following the steps below:

    • Right-click on Start, and select Device Manager.
    • In Device Manager, click the arrow next to Bluetooth, and select the Bluetooth radio of your speaker.
    • Right-click the said Bluetooth radio and select Properties.
    • Restart your Surface Book 2 and test your speaker with the device to see if it still disconnects.

    If this works, we highly encourage you to inform our Community by clicking on Yes or marking my post as an answer. This will help other members who may have the same issue as you. Otherwise, don't hesitate to update us so we can further assist you.  

    Kind regards,                                                                                                                 

    Janette_Z

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments