Intermittent bluetooth speaker outage with Jabra Elite 75t

Anonymous
2019-12-12T19:07:21+00:00

I had the Jabra Elite 65th for the longest time and loved them. I used them for Google Hangout and MS Teams calls for hours a day, in addition to phone calls. Unfortunately they got stolen, so I sprung for the new version recently, which is the Jabra Elite 75t.

I am having some very odd issues.  I can be on a hangout call for 5-10 minutes, and then suddenly the audio drops out. I can see the microphone is still working and participants on the call have confirmed they could hear me, but I cannot hear anything.  Most of the time it comes back after 30-40 seconds. I have tried putting my phone on DND (which worked with the 65th from preventing the phone to hijack the bluetooth) as well as turning the phone bluetooth off completely, but the issue still happens.

I have Surface Pro 4 with the the latest windows build:

Windows 10 Pro

Version 1909

OS Build 18363.535

I have tried unpairing and re-pairing, but with the same result. . I am not sure if it's possible to get bluetooth drivers right from the manufacturer (don't know who made the bluetooth) to update the drivers, but other than that I am not sure what else to do.

Surface | Surface Pro | Sound and camera

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Barb Bowman 80,820 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2019-12-19T19:16:48+00:00

    That is a Surface Pro 2017 (5th generation)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-12-19T19:02:04+00:00

    System Model:  Surface Pro

    System SKU: Surface_Pro_1796

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Barb Bowman 80,820 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2019-12-19T10:34:26+00:00

    Can you run

    msinfo32

    (type that into the search field) and open the System App. Please advise what is

    reported for both System Model and System SKU

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-12-18T19:28:06+00:00

    I have 10.0.18363 already installed.  When I try to install the driver (which btw has a lower build number of 18362), I get the message 'The Hardware Platform must be one of the following:  Surface Pro 4. Aborting this operation".  The hardware is clearly Surface Pro 4, but in the System Information it says only "Surface Pro".  Not sure if that is the problem, but either way I'm not able to install the drivers listed on your site.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments