Intermittent bluetooth speaker outage with Jabra Elite 75t

Anonymous
2019-12-12T19:07:21+00:00

I had the Jabra Elite 65th for the longest time and loved them. I used them for Google Hangout and MS Teams calls for hours a day, in addition to phone calls. Unfortunately they got stolen, so I sprung for the new version recently, which is the Jabra Elite 75t.

I am having some very odd issues.  I can be on a hangout call for 5-10 minutes, and then suddenly the audio drops out. I can see the microphone is still working and participants on the call have confirmed they could hear me, but I cannot hear anything.  Most of the time it comes back after 30-40 seconds. I have tried putting my phone on DND (which worked with the 65th from preventing the phone to hijack the bluetooth) as well as turning the phone bluetooth off completely, but the issue still happens.

I have Surface Pro 4 with the the latest windows build:

Windows 10 Pro

Version 1909

OS Build 18363.535

I have tried unpairing and re-pairing, but with the same result. . I am not sure if it's possible to get bluetooth drivers right from the manufacturer (don't know who made the bluetooth) to update the drivers, but other than that I am not sure what else to do.

Surface | Surface Pro | Sound and camera

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-12-14T20:52:56+00:00

    I think by tablets they mean the iPad and Android tablets.

    65T didn't have Bluetooth 5.0, that is new to 75T. Some of the reviews on Amazon

    mention sound cutting out in general.

    Ah, did not know that. Bluetooth 5.0 teething problems (pun intended).  Makes sense, and hopefully something they can fix on the software side then.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Barb Bowman 80,820 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2019-12-14T10:54:20+00:00

    I think by tablets they mean the iPad and Android tablets.

    65T didn't have Bluetooth 5.0, that is new to 75T. Some of the reviews on Amazon

    mention sound cutting out in general.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-12-13T23:57:39+00:00

    There is a firmware update for the new 75T, not sure it will help. Jabra

    actually does not recommend pairing with a computer (!)

    https://www.jabra.com/supportpages/jabra-elite-75t/100-99090000-02/faq/Can-I-pair-my-Jabra-Bluetooth-device-with-a-computer#/

    I have the latest firmware, at least according to the Jabra app.  I do see Jabra not recommending a PC, but they do however say tablets are fine. So depends what you want to call the Surface Pro :)  Either way, if it would not work I would never buy it, as I'm on video calls 4 hours a day.  The 65t worked without a hitch, so this indicates to me there is a software issue with the 75t

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-12-13T23:55:10+00:00

    I have tried them all (and I have Surface Pro 4), to no avail.  Today I was on a call for a full 10 minutes before the audio started dropping out.  It almost seems like some sort of memory issue, but hard to know.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments