Yeah, I got the same problem with my Surface Book (first generation). I'm a developer trying to download the latest Unity and it's taking 6 hours on my laptop... I have a 100MB connection. My desktop zips along in minutes!! I did notice updates are downloading in the background too (annoyed you can't turn them off completely) and I reduced the bandwidth usage for that, which 'seemed' to help a tiny bit, but it's still not right. Really slow. I was using Skype also via WiFi and that was intermittent and flaky so I reverted to my phone which was clear and crisp. Come on MS, what have you done? I really love my laptop, but it's becoming frustrating to use (that's why I ditched Apple), so please sort this out... Oh, and can I bill you for the 6 hours wasted time? Where do I send the invoice?
Surface Laptop very slow wireless connection
Just bought a Surface laptop. windows and drivers are all updated. when i put it next to my lenovo thinkpad and connect to same wifi, i am getting 1/3 of the speed. I did multiple tests with same results. I searched all over the web to find an answer but nothing came up like mine.
processor :i7-7660U CPU @ 2.50 ghz
memory :16 ram
os: windows 10 pro 1709 (os build 16299.309)
Surface | Surface Laptop | Network
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
52 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2018-08-28T14:09:43+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-08-28T05:53:50+00:00 I have the same problem and am also very frustrated.
If I go into device manager and disable the Wifi controller and then re-enable it then it fixes the problem... but only temporarily. It seems that when I reconnect to a wired network (via Surface Dock) and then disconnect, the wifi is slow again and the only way to fix it is by disabling/re-enabling the Wifi controller in Device Manager. It is a major pain in the ass to need to do it multiple times each day... :(
-
Anonymous
2018-08-27T18:02:03+00:00 I have the same exact issue. I had my surface laptop when I was living in Japan and now I have moved back to US. I am still experiencing the same problem with two different routers in two different countries (dont think the country part matters but just laying the concern of "location" to rest).
The surface laptop's is consistently slow and it is frustrating that noone from MS can give a solution to this.
Just bought a Surface laptop. windows and drivers are all updated. when i put it next to my lenovo thinkpad and connect to same wifi, i am getting 1/3 of the speed. I did multiple tests with same results. I searched all over the web to find an answer but nothing came up like mine.
processor :i7-7660U CPU @ 2.50 ghz
memory :16 ram
os: windows 10 pro 1709 (os build 16299.309)
Have you found any solutions? This is very frustrating.
-
Anonymous
2018-08-24T13:48:20+00:00 I'm having this same issue. For no reason, on same days it just slows to a crawl. In task manager I can see the network speed rise and fall with huge spikes.
-
Anonymous
2018-08-14T06:37:14+00:00 Just bought a Surface laptop. windows and drivers are all updated. when i put it next to my lenovo thinkpad and connect to same wifi, i am getting 1/3 of the speed. I did multiple tests with same results. I searched all over the web to find an answer but nothing came up like mine.
processor :i7-7660U CPU @ 2.50 ghz
memory :16 ram
os: windows 10 pro 1709 (os build 16299.309)
Have you found any solutions? This is very frustrating.