I also tried this and it boosted my speed from 3 to 25mbps
Surface Laptop very slow wireless connection
Just bought a Surface laptop. windows and drivers are all updated. when i put it next to my lenovo thinkpad and connect to same wifi, i am getting 1/3 of the speed. I did multiple tests with same results. I searched all over the web to find an answer but nothing came up like mine.
processor :i7-7660U CPU @ 2.50 ghz
memory :16 ram
os: windows 10 pro 1709 (os build 16299.309)
Surface | Surface Laptop | Network
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
52 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2019-01-09T06:32:25+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-12-19T13:16:22+00:00 Try turning off Bluetooth. I was having the same issue and this solved the problem. Download speeds went from 3mb to 40mb
-
Anonymous
2018-11-26T17:35:04+00:00 here's a handy batch file you can use to do this. put this into a file like "wifi.bat", then create a shortcut to the batch file to pin to your start menu and then you can fix your speed with one click in the start menu.
netsh interface set interface Wi-Fi disable
netsh interface set interface Wi-Fi enable
you might need to change change the name of "Wi-Fi" to the interface in your notebook if it is different. (open your start menu and type "network status", open it, and choose "view your network properties" and look for the interface with the description "Marvell AVASTAR Wireless.." But I expect it is "Wi-Fi" in 99% of cases.
-
Anonymous
2018-11-26T15:49:34+00:00 I have a new Surface laptop and my download speed just dropped to less than 10Mbps. I usually get around 70Mbps. I spoke to my internet provider and they said everything was fine on their end. I read your tip on disabling and then re enabling the wifi controller in DM and it worked. I am back to 70Mbps for now. Thanks for the tip and hate to see this type of issue with a laptop from MS. I have a DELL, ASUS and MAC that I also use and I have never had this issue. Hopefully I will not experience this issue on a regular basis because I was very happy with my MS laptop up this point.
-
Anonymous
2018-09-30T00:04:00+00:00 I have issues too with my Surface Laptop. My iPad gets 90Mbps. My Surface Laptop sitting next to the iPad gets 23Mbps. Ridiculous given the money I paid for this thing