Surface Laptop very slow wireless connection

Anonymous
2018-03-17T11:05:26+00:00

Just bought a Surface laptop. windows and drivers are all updated. when i put it next to my lenovo thinkpad and connect to same wifi, i am getting 1/3 of the speed. I did multiple tests with same results. I searched all over the web to find an answer but nothing came up like mine.

processor :i7-7660U CPU @ 2.50 ghz

memory :16 ram

os: windows 10 pro 1709 (os build  16299.309)

Surface | Surface Laptop | Network

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-10-26T11:13:09+00:00

    I went and bought a new router for $40 and problem is gone.

    Not sure what was wrong with the old one, as it was working with my other devices (albeit slowly), but not with the Surface (almost non-functional).

    What's the lesson here? When you've tried everything else just get a new router?

    In any case, I am relieved and happy that I can work normally once again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-10-21T10:12:20+00:00

    Thx for the extra info. 

    This problem actually cost me 2 hours this morning for work. Can't really keep going like this. 

    I ended up tethering through my mobile to sync 600mb of files on One Drive.

    Hopefully can get this sorted soon. The bridge router sounds promising.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments