So as far as I'm concerned: It's a "bug" of the keyboard / computer. MS needs to fix this immediately :(
We tried it with a brand new Type 2 cover - it did it (on both their machine - and my machine)
We tried it with a brand new Type 1 cover - still did it (on both their machine - and my machine)
And judging by the 2 'I have this problem' - in a couple days - I'm sure others will come along with similar problems.
I purchased a Bluetooth keyboard at Best Buy - gonna give that a try; but so far - I'm really disappointed by this. :(
Oh, and I forgot: We also had a similar problem with an RT computer; tho obviously not with a game ad we couldn't install anything (it was also a display model). However, it was the issue where you would open notepad - hold a key down - and it would repeat
it for about 5 seconds, then stop responding to the key-pressing. I think I mentioned that above; that happens on the Surface Pro 2 as well...