Surface Pro 8 crashed during MS Teams and Zoom meetings

Anonymous
2022-06-29T19:33:07+00:00

Purchased new Surface Pro 8 from MS Store this April, exactly two months ago. Very frustrating as virtual meetings were the primary task that I bought this device in the first place. Have updated all drivers, searched online for fixes, and have a support ticket registered this AM. So far, no answers. Am back to using an old Mac Air for the meetings.

Surface | Surface Pro | Performance and maintenance

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-01-11T16:31:56+00:00

    Hello,

    I am experiencing these same issues, though I have not seen any responses from the moderator on this thread in quite some time. When using my Microsoft Surface Pro 8 for Zoom meetings, if I have any additional windows open or programs running, my Surface fan first starts running extremely fast before the Surface goes to the blue screen and crashes.

    Please advise.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-08-30T14:40:17+00:00

    Actually i am having the same issue as this person. My problem is that the computer totally shuts off and give me a message 'your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you'. It then gives me a QR code and reboots. Like the previous OP i bought this in order to do my virtual lessons.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-12-02T07:11:49+00:00

    I have the same issue with a Surface Pro 8 running Windows 11 Home. AFter 2 service tickets and replacing / updating all drivers it still crashes - Blue screen with the frown face.

    Support first told me it was a camera issue, driver or hardware.

    I even swapped the device out and received a refurbished device. Still crashes on the new device.

    Microsoft, is there a solution to this issue in our future?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-12T12:51:04+00:00

    Actually i've been told that it is a software incompatibility with windows 11.. Once they get that sorted out it will be ok, however, i do not have the time to wait.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-10-05T08:57:20+00:00

    I got the same error twice and I only have the surface pro 8 for 8 days.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments