Surface Pro 8 crashed during MS Teams and Zoom meetings

Anonymous
2022-06-29T19:33:07+00:00

Purchased new Surface Pro 8 from MS Store this April, exactly two months ago. Very frustrating as virtual meetings were the primary task that I bought this device in the first place. Have updated all drivers, searched online for fixes, and have a support ticket registered this AM. So far, no answers. Am back to using an old Mac Air for the meetings.

Surface | Surface Pro | Performance and maintenance

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-07-24T22:17:32+00:00

    Great tips, I'll try it.

    Microsoft Surface quality is so unreliable, I have two surface devices, both of which have deadly problem, surface book has battery, surface pro has camera issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-04-04T14:24:36+00:00

    Thank you very much for your response and if the roll back works. I saw several others say it seemed to help but then their Surface still crashes even after the rollback. I think MS should create an update with a fix for all b/c now I am telling everyone NOT to purchase a Surface whereas before I was singing its praises!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-01-13T19:03:32+00:00

    Hi all, I changed the video rendering method in Zoom according to this article (sorry for all the annoying popups) and it hasn't crashed since.

    Mine is Surface Pro 7 with Windows 11 and was crashing in Zoom any time someone screen shared.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-12-25T00:45:55+00:00

    I'm having the same issue. It is shut down on me twice during zoom calls with clients and one string and interview. This is completely unacceptable. I use this computer for work and need to be able to rely that if I am on a zoom call it will operate appropriately. If I do not have a response in the next week, I will likely reach out directly to Microsoft to return my computer. I have taken some of the actions suggested in the Microsoft community chat. Hopefully that will solve the problem but if not I expect someone from Microsoft to reach directly out to me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-06-30T01:52:29+00:00

    Hello Zoe Royer,

    Thanks for reaching Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. We understand how frustrating it is to see your device crashes very often.

    If I may ask, does this issue only happen when using Teams and Zoom meetings? Also, do you have third party antivirus software installed on your device? And what version of Windows your device is running?

    In the meantime, you might want to follow the methods on Windows doesn't respond or stops working on Surface (microsoft.com) and observe your device.

    Feel free to respond on this thread to keep us posted. Hope to hear from you soon.

    Sincerely,

    StevenK

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments