Setting up new computer with Windows 11

D Myr 15 Reputation points
2025-09-12T16:01:55.56+00:00

I am in the process of setting up a new computer and have gotten stalled where it asks you to sign in to your Microsoft account. It used to be there was an option to skip or bypass this step but can’t find anyway to get around it. I really don’t want to phone the owner and tell them I need their Microsoft login information and password as I’m sure the first thing they’ll ask is what do you need that for. I don’t need it and will have to tell them i don’t need it to setup the computer by for some unknown reason it seems Microsoft has decided to make it mandatory.

i hope someone can suggest a way around this as I really don’t like phoning people and asking for their passwords without any justifiable reason.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

7 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. D Myr 15 Reputation points
    2025-09-12T20:43:59.2266667+00:00

    Sorry I misunderstood your comment on Windows 11 pro vs home.

    i want to have them be able to delete the phoney account once they have setup their own account so assumed they would have to follow the instructions above the double dashed line as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.