A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data
---FIX:
File > Options > Add-ins > Manage COM Add-ins, click "Go"
Clear the check boxes for any enabled COM add-ins
Select OK.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
We have a M365 user that is having trouble with printing from Excel only. We can open a spreadsheet and print normally, but when anything gets edited, it grays out the print button. I can get to the print dialog, but the button to actually print is what is grayed out. The workaround I found is to manually select a different printer in the print dialog, then select the original, default printer again. This allows it to print again, but the error always returns. It seems to be happening with any Excel file. I have tried the same files on other PCs and could not replicate the problem. I tried the online Office repair, but that did not help. Any ideas?
A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
---FIX:
File > Options > Add-ins > Manage COM Add-ins, click "Go"
Clear the check boxes for any enabled COM add-ins
Select OK.
Yeah I concur. new office update fixed the issue for me.
Just had a customer with the same issue. Tried some things in the program, reviewed settings, updated default printer. No change. Then I ran the app Office updater and it downloaded / applied the latest update from Microsoft and then opened Excel and problem was now gone. So looks like Microsoft's patch for office now fixes that issue.
Thank you, this one really helped! But the problem is not just with the Adobe plugin, I also had a Winzip plugin for one employee! I had to remove it, only then did everything worked.
I should clarify, does removing the add in remove the option to Print to PDF using Adobe from the File > Print Menu in Excel?
I know the Microsoft Print to PDF is still available, the customer I am assisting uses the Adobe Print to PDF option.