Print button grayed out after editing Excel sheet. Changing printers and then changing back fixes it.

Anonymous
2025-05-09T19:01:20+00:00

We have a M365 user that is having trouble with printing from Excel only. We can open a spreadsheet and print normally, but when anything gets edited, it grays out the print button. I can get to the print dialog, but the button to actually print is what is grayed out. The workaround I found is to manually select a different printer in the print dialog, then select the original, default printer again. This allows it to print again, but the error always returns. It seems to be happening with any Excel file. I have tried the same files on other PCs and could not replicate the problem. I tried the online Office repair, but that did not help. Any ideas?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-05-27T15:09:07+00:00

    No, that option is still available after disabling the add-in.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-05-27T15:01:23+00:00

    Does this also remove the print to pdf option?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-05-27T13:24:16+00:00

    One of our user have the same issue.

    Removing the comm add ins did not resolve the issue.

    Repair installation of Adobe Reader somehow fixed the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-05-26T15:01:09+00:00

    I am having this exact same issue. Thanks for posting about it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-05-23T21:16:36+00:00

    We have a user having the same exact issue, and CTRL+P is a good workaround, but not a long-term solution. Has MS responded to this at all?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments