How can I buy Office 365 without Copilot

Anonymous
2025-01-21T00:25:30+00:00

Hello,

I am trying to buy a personal 365 subscription for my mother.

Currently, she is on my family plan, but I am cancelling that because I'm getting a subscription through my university instead. I saw when turning off autorenewel on my current plan that it was possible to get a subscription without copilot. My mum does not want and will never use any copilot features, so I wanted to get her that plan. However, when trying to create a new subscription for my mum on her account, this option was not available.

Is it possible to buy a personal 365 plan without copilot? Or is that option only available when you're changing a pre-existing plan?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-25T04:57:43+00:00

    This is why it sux that we all rely on one company with a monopoly. We NEED to use the same apps like Word or Excel for collaboration. But, then they use that to force features we don't need or want and jack up the prices.

    YES, they lied. I just downgraded to the lower price on June 25.

    So, I guess next they will jack the price $4 a month to have AI-generated singing kittens and puppies perform in the corner of their apps while I'm working?

    Google Docs is not a complete alternative, sadly.

    This is a literal, flagrant and outright lie on the part of Microsoft. Do not listen to it, do not believe it. I assume that you are being told by your management to peddle this, and it is not your fault, but it is a flagrant lie from your team.

    @ Ellebear Dee You are being forcibly upgraded to Office 365 Personal + CoPilot without approval as a cash grab and a way to pad the adoption of the AI nonsense that Microsoft is now desperately trying to find someone to pay them to use - hence why your bill was changed from £79.99 to £104.99.

    You can downgrade back to £79.99 and remove CoPilot features as advised here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/switching-to-microsoft-365-personal-and-family-classic-plans-58342e83-38e7-4cda-b63b-88604a8fb7ef

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-07-01T18:12:10+00:00

    I had to change payment methods and so my auto-renewal didn't go through. Now I'm getting hounded to pay $99 instead of the usual $69.

    Your payment method doesn't matter --- it's a change they are forcing on all subscribers, from $69 to $99.

    I'm concerned that if I cancel my subscription, they will have screwed it all up so much that I won't be able to access the $69 Office Personal Classic without losing access to everything.

    That has been my concern also. Some people have found work-arounds -- subscribe to the Copilot, and then somehow cancel it and the old subscription option appears. They must have saved all of their One Drive stuff, because once you cancel, I believe the files are lost.

    I have also watched videos where people talk about getting rid of Copilot -- but the underlying issue is that we are being charged for it. So we pay for it and then somehow uninstall it?

    My subscription ends in September so I am slowly downloading and saving my One Drive files. I have started using Libre Office for documents. All in preparation for ending my Microsoft subscription, which makes me sad, because I've been a satisfied customer!

    But I still debate about whether to keep my subscription, mainly for the cloud storage (though I really hate One Drive....).

    I do hope they'll have a change of heart, but, oh yeah -- they don't have a heart. And they need us to pay for their foray into AI.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-06-30T02:46:10+00:00

    Thank you for this. Microsoft's support is just horrible.

    I want to switch back to Office 365 Personal Classic.

    I had to change payment methods and so my auto-renewal didn't go through. Now I'm getting hounded to pay $99 instead of the usual $69. I understand that this is Microsoft's sleazy way to get money for the awful, intrusive AI thing that I have ZERO desire to use.

    Of course, there is no option to change my subscription or amount in this request to renew and no timeline for the threat to shut off my subscription. Super helpful, more horrible customer service.

    I'm concerned that if I cancel my subscription, they will have screwed it all up so much that I won't be able to access the $69 Office Personal Classic without losing access to everything.

    Can anyone help with this?

    Thanks.

    I've never seen any tech company anywhere that refuses to just have human beings - SOMEWHERE! - answering questions. I have no idea who the people are in this forum answering questions. All of it is confusing and bizarre.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-16T04:13:59+00:00

    I agree if for some reason you do like Copilot, just ignore it. What is all the fuss about? I like Copilot in my MS 335 Personal sub, especially the downloaded apps, where I can integrate with my Copilot Pro sub.

    Ai is a remarkable thing for god's sake. Do people realize the advance it will cause in human civilization?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-05T15:50:47+00:00

    VERIFIED!

    I went to my MS account, Manage Subscription, Cancel Subscription, then it let me choose to renew at exactly what I have now…

    Microsoft 365 Personal Classic $69.99/year

    But you would lose everything in your One Drive, unless you downloaded everything, right?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments