Microsoft 365 features that help users manage their subscriptions, account settings, and billing information.
go back to them via the chat and explain situation and that they made this so difficult and ask to reinstate you via classic plan.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello,
I am trying to buy a personal 365 subscription for my mother.
Currently, she is on my family plan, but I am cancelling that because I'm getting a subscription through my university instead. I saw when turning off autorenewel on my current plan that it was possible to get a subscription without copilot. My mum does not want and will never use any copilot features, so I wanted to get her that plan. However, when trying to create a new subscription for my mum on her account, this option was not available.
Is it possible to buy a personal 365 plan without copilot? Or is that option only available when you're changing a pre-existing plan?
Microsoft 365 features that help users manage their subscriptions, account settings, and billing information.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
go back to them via the chat and explain situation and that they made this so difficult and ask to reinstate you via classic plan.
I downloaded all the files right after cancelling and it wasn't until yesterday that they downgraded me and all family accounts to the free 5 gb version. I think the files remain there in a read only mode for a month or so but since we cant upload anything and also because we wont receive any new emails until we either resubscribe or delete the files to bring the total storage below 5 gb,
Good to know. So it's probably best to download everything before cancelling to avoid any storage-limit issues.
I downloaded all the files right after cancelling and it wasn't until yesterday that they downgraded me and all family accounts to the free 5 gb version. I think the files remain there in a read only mode for a month or so but since we cant upload anything and also because we wont receive any new emails until we either resubscribe or delete the files to bring the total storage below 5 gb, I went ahead and deleted them myself so now all emails are working. I had also stopped receiving emails since yesterday but thats good now that I'm below 5 gb. Yes Libre Office, I'm actually amazed at how well that works, just a slight learning curve but an awesome alternative.
Now I'm waiting for my bank to confirm the charge has been refunded since I cancelled after they had charged the new price and Microsoft did issue a refund right away, says it takes 3-5 business days. Will check tomorrow.
deleted
Did you lose all of your One Drive files? Or were they still there?
I'll have to see -- my renewal is through Best Buy, where I got my computer. I'll have to ask them!!!
Thanks for your response !!