Tag in Microsoft Planner

Anonymous
2024-04-18T09:16:27+00:00

Hello

from and old conversation I have found in 2022:

"

It would be beneficial to be able to at "@" mention other team member straight in the task within microsoft planner. I'm a little surprised this feature is not already available. It would be a great help for those team members that are not directly involved in the task (so not an assigned user) but need to be notified or included in a specific point or discussion surrounding the task.

"

In 2024 I still cannot find a way to mention or tag a colleague. How can I do that?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-12T00:50:38+00:00

    There are so many people who want and have asked for this functionality. I've come to the sad realization that Microsoft is alarmingly silent about replying or providing any updates to this super basic functionality (i.e., it is used in all task management solutions on the market). Karen, if I'm you, please stick with Trello to prevent my situation. We jumped to MS Planner and regret it now due to the immaturity of the product. But I'm unable to revert back to our previous solution.
    I don't think Microsoft read this forum, so don't get your hopes up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-12T00:14:47+00:00

    How many votes are needed to add basic functionality? Trello, to name one, has had this feature for many years. Planner is not a viable solution without it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-03T12:55:00+00:00

    We are making the effort to switch to the 365 ecosystem using Teams. We were previously using Trello and just switched to Planner. It's crazy that we can't @tag someone. Also, there is no 'Move' function, everything is clunkier.

    Is this in development? It would be nice to know, bc Trello is so much more functional we might plan to switch back if it is not.

    Thanks!

    Barbara

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-27T16:12:11+00:00

    I just setup my whole team on Planner and rolled it out to the group. Now I am finding it is troublesome to communicate between team members because there is no tag feature.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-21T13:30:11+00:00

    This function is highly useful and not having it in planner really decreases the user experience. I have used Trello and the @ function and messaging is so extremely helpful. I would also encourage this to be added ASAP to ensure people keep using this product instead of going back to other products that are more user friendly. Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments