Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Agreed! Planner tasks do not go anywhere if we can't @mention people on progress and notify them. Essential for project managers/coordinators!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello
from and old conversation I have found in 2022:
"
It would be beneficial to be able to at "@" mention other team member straight in the task within microsoft planner. I'm a little surprised this feature is not already available. It would be a great help for those team members that are not directly involved in the task (so not an assigned user) but need to be notified or included in a specific point or discussion surrounding the task.
"
In 2024 I still cannot find a way to mention or tag a colleague. How can I do that?
Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Agreed! Planner tasks do not go anywhere if we can't @mention people on progress and notify them. Essential for project managers/coordinators!
Dear Fabio Busnelli,
Greetings! Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.
As of now, Microsoft Planner does not have the ability to tag or mention team members within a task.
We apologize for the inconvenience caused.
Other users also noticed this limitation and they created similar ideas in Planner Feedback Community. I sincerely recommend you vote for them.
Possibility of @mentions in comments and notes section · Community (microsoft.com)
Mention function in the comment box using "@" · Community (microsoft.com)
Our Product Team is in-charge of the site and they are constantly checking the comments and feedback from our customers. The higher votes, the more attention the related team will pay on. Many features have been developed and improved based on users' comment.
Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated. I hope that you are keeping safe and well!
Sincerely,
Tina | Microsoft Community Moderator
Agree with the comments below, to tag people in tasks is really essential for our daily work.
Hi Tina,
Any update on this?
As everyone is mentioning, this feature is essential for team coordinators. When I post comments on the task, they don't reach the person's' inbox, even is they are assigned to the task, unless they have already commented on the task. Adding a @ feature would solve this or make comments reach all the people assigned would be another solution.
From what moment would this been possible again?