Tag in Microsoft Planner

Anonymous
2024-04-18T09:16:27+00:00

Hello

from and old conversation I have found in 2022:

"

It would be beneficial to be able to at "@" mention other team member straight in the task within microsoft planner. I'm a little surprised this feature is not already available. It would be a great help for those team members that are not directly involved in the task (so not an assigned user) but need to be notified or included in a specific point or discussion surrounding the task.

"

In 2024 I still cannot find a way to mention or tag a colleague. How can I do that?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-10T09:17:58+00:00

    Please escalate the development to tag people in tasks. By not having it is so yesterday. These are the basics of any MVP for a task management solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    50+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-10T17:32:16+00:00

    I totally agree, the development to tag people in tasks is not only basic functionality for a task management solution but essential.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-10T00:04:02+00:00

    Hi @Tina, can I recommend that the mighty Microsoft product team do a basic competitor scan in adition to desperate users voting. It will come as no surprise that there is on this stage not one task management system out there who does not offer a tag function I.e. all of them have it. So MS is way behind - it is not only what your users want, but see how far ahead competing task management prodects are being super mature already in this functionality. We are the suckers we can't move away because we are trapped with MS Planner due to our organisation's management preferences to use MS. I'm sure if we all could, we would have moved to other platforms that does give us this basic tag functionality - but we can't. So pleas MS, don't be only lead by 'user feedback', conduct the 101 of product development i.e. competitor analysis and you will be amazed with the finding that everyone provides the tag functionality as there MVP - it is only MS that is fast asleep about the need for this functionality. Please set the alarm clock ⏰️ 🙏

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-17T08:23:51+00:00

    I am a new user of Planner and I just realized that we cannot tag people in tasks. Can we please have it as soon as possible?

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-01T18:23:09+00:00

    My team has recently moved from Jira to Microsoft Planner. The 'tag users in comments' adds to the list of essential features that, if not added soon, will force us to continue our task management search away from Planner.

    Thanks for helping us with this!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments