Folders Shared with me are syncing as internet shortcut in OneDrive on Windows PC

Anonymous
2024-06-08T04:53:55+00:00

Hi. I had some folders shared from different users in my OneDrive account. I had added the folders to my OneDrive with Add Shortcut to OneDrive button from Shared folders in cloud. The account is logged into a windows pc and every files including the folders shared with my were syncing fine until yesterday. Yesterday night the shared folders were completely removed from the Windows pc and folders are replaced with internet shortcut. This is such a big mess. I have tried unlinking the account and linking it back, changing the location of OneDrive on my windows pc and tried to get a new folder shared to my account and adding it to OneDrive. Nothing works so far. OneDrive has a big part in my daily activities. Please help me resolve this.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2025-03-13T06:07:22+00:00

Here is the statement from the Microsoft OneDrive product group (Redmond USA) about the OneDrive Personal problem:

***This is related to a backend migration we are doing and unfortunately, we don’t fully support syncing shared folders in the case where one user has migrated and the other has not. We’re doing everything possible to accelerate things so that it can be resolved as soon as possible for users of the feature. When the accounts are migrated, there is automated logic that makes them go back to a syncing folder within several days.***I have heard, that shared Folder issue is gone.
The best thing is: WAIT and do nothing

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

3,079 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-04T07:13:23+00:00

    I have the same problem

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-04T06:30:19+00:00

    Hi, I am also getting internet links for shared folders. Now the same opens only in browser. Since i am using for co-working, it is bit frustrating for the person to whom i have shared the files. I see from the community that this issue has been around for more than 1 year. I am surprised that Microsoft has still not found a solution for this !!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-04T06:09:10+00:00

    I chatted with Microsoft support yesterday and they said they expected to fix it in a couple of days! Don’t hold your breath!

    Thanx..at least someone has been able to connect with them..great effort! As contact has been made, I assume (hope) that you will stay on their case on behalf of us all. I would be very grateful. I tried to contact them, but kept getting referred to online, so awesome effort in getting to speak with someone. THANK YOU

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-04T05:12:11+00:00

    OneDriveの障害について、対応いただきありがとうございます。

    現在、一部のPCで同様のことが発生しており大変困っています。

    障害と分かってずいぶん時間が経過しているので、現在の状況やリリースの目途などの情報も併せていただけると助かります。

    すでに何らかのリリースがある場合はお教えください。

    よろしくお願いいたします。

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments