Folders Shared with me are syncing as internet shortcut in OneDrive on Windows PC

Anonymous
2024-06-08T04:53:55+00:00

Hi. I had some folders shared from different users in my OneDrive account. I had added the folders to my OneDrive with Add Shortcut to OneDrive button from Shared folders in cloud. The account is logged into a windows pc and every files including the folders shared with my were syncing fine until yesterday. Yesterday night the shared folders were completely removed from the Windows pc and folders are replaced with internet shortcut. This is such a big mess. I have tried unlinking the account and linking it back, changing the location of OneDrive on my windows pc and tried to get a new folder shared to my account and adding it to OneDrive. Nothing works so far. OneDrive has a big part in my daily activities. Please help me resolve this.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2025-03-13T06:07:22+00:00

Here is the statement from the Microsoft OneDrive product group (Redmond USA) about the OneDrive Personal problem:

***This is related to a backend migration we are doing and unfortunately, we don’t fully support syncing shared folders in the case where one user has migrated and the other has not. We’re doing everything possible to accelerate things so that it can be resolved as soon as possible for users of the feature. When the accounts are migrated, there is automated logic that makes them go back to a syncing folder within several days.***I have heard, that shared Folder issue is gone.
The best thing is: WAIT and do nothing

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

3,079 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-03T23:46:42+00:00

    Paylaşılan klasörler web bağlantılarına dönüştü. yerel klasör olarak kullanamıyoruz. bu durum klasörlerimizin paylaşanlarla ve paylaştıklarımla senkronize edilemez. Lütfen düzeltin! Kabul edilemez bir hata bu. yakın zamanda çözüm üretilemez ise kendi çözümlerimize başlayacağız. google drive, dropbox gibi başka bulut çözümlerine bakmamız gerekecek.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-03T22:14:59+00:00

    I eventually got through to someone on the phone by going through the subscription (rather than technical) callback option. Once on the phone to an advisor I asked him about this issue. He said that nearly all customers have been affected by it as of 29 Feb. It is now a known issue which they are trying to fix as a high priority. I pointed out that they still haven't even updated their known issues page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/fixes-or-workarounds-for-recent-issues-in-onedrive-36110213-f3f6-490d-8cb7-3833539def0b

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-03T21:43:46+00:00

    i can't stand google drive because it doesn't let me to make a folder for offline use on Android / IOS, compared to onedrive and dropbox app that is possible.

    For the rest is really good of course.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-03T21:37:14+00:00

    My first computer (of 4) suffered from this problem a few days ago. One by one the others have all followed leaving the small business who co-work on documents totally lost. I can’t get hold of Microsoft on live chat. The only support email it gives me is to send an email which I did 5 days ago and I still haven’t had a reply. This is so frustrating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments