What steps did you take for this to change? I've uninstalled and reinstalled my onedrive. I've opened that personal vault. I really need this for work. It's taking all my time. I need the shared folder in my File Explorer access. Any tips is much appreciated. Thank you.
You can create a network drive.
First log in to onedrive.live.com via a web browser. Select any Office document in the root directory of the folder shared with you and click on the three dots - Open - Open in application.
In the open Office application, click on File - Start.
The shared file that you have just opened is displayed under Recently used.
Right-click on it and select “Copy path to clipboard”.
Open Windows Explorer, search for “This PC” on the left-hand side, right-click on it and select “Add network location”.
In the “Add Network Wizard”, click “Next” and then “Select custom network address”.
Paste the copied file path into the input field and delete the part of the file name (e.g. if the copied path is https://d.docs.live.net/xxx/xxx/ABC.xlsx, you should delete ABC.xlsx and keep the previous part).
Then enter the username and password of your OneDrive account in the pop-up window, specify a name for your folder and click Next to complete the creation.
You can now access your shared folder directly in File Explorer under “This PC”.
OneDrive Freigegebener Ordner wird im Explorer nur noch als - Microsoft Community
This seems to work for me. I have been able to access the shared folders directly using File Explorer.
However, just for my understanding and to pre-empt any potential issues, are there any possible disadvantages to mapping the Onedrive folder as a network drive? Anything I should be aware of?