Folders Shared with me are syncing as internet shortcut in OneDrive on Windows PC

Anonymous
2024-06-08T04:53:55+00:00

Hi. I had some folders shared from different users in my OneDrive account. I had added the folders to my OneDrive with Add Shortcut to OneDrive button from Shared folders in cloud. The account is logged into a windows pc and every files including the folders shared with my were syncing fine until yesterday. Yesterday night the shared folders were completely removed from the Windows pc and folders are replaced with internet shortcut. This is such a big mess. I have tried unlinking the account and linking it back, changing the location of OneDrive on my windows pc and tried to get a new folder shared to my account and adding it to OneDrive. Nothing works so far. OneDrive has a big part in my daily activities. Please help me resolve this.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2025-03-13T06:07:22+00:00

Here is the statement from the Microsoft OneDrive product group (Redmond USA) about the OneDrive Personal problem:

***This is related to a backend migration we are doing and unfortunately, we don’t fully support syncing shared folders in the case where one user has migrated and the other has not. We’re doing everything possible to accelerate things so that it can be resolved as soon as possible for users of the feature. When the accounts are migrated, there is automated logic that makes them go back to a syncing folder within several days.***I have heard, that shared Folder issue is gone.
The best thing is: WAIT and do nothing

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

3,079 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-27T10:22:36+00:00

    That looked like a possible route for a fix and I had seen a similar posting about this. I've just checked my two accounts, each on a different PC and both are _2025-02-14.014 so that is folder sharing between two accounts at the same version not working.

    Just checked my accounts using chrome dev tools and they are all using the same version odsp-web-prod_2025-02-14.014 so I think differnce seen there may be a red herring.

    Also today another account (part of my family subscription) has beome a link losing 14GiB of family photos.

    Please Microsoft fix this horrible situiation.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-27T10:14:47+00:00

    OK I might start jumping back in the game here again 😇

    https://x.com/Mike_E_angelo/status/1895054033221525535

    If anyone would like to amplify/promote/complain 👀👆

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-27T09:50:46+00:00

    Yesterday I started using OneDrive and when I want to access a shared folder through the shortcut created in my OneDrive folder, instead of opening the folder in the file explorer, as it has always happened, it takes me to my browser.

    It really bothers me, because in that shared folder there is almost 1GB of data, much of it including scripts that need to be run from the computer directly.

    ........

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-27T09:27:36+00:00

    Can you please advise when this will be fixed?? I've had this issue for months and months now and more of my colleagues are experiencing the same.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments