Folders Shared with me are syncing as internet shortcut in OneDrive on Windows PC

Anonymous
2024-06-08T04:53:55+00:00

Hi. I had some folders shared from different users in my OneDrive account. I had added the folders to my OneDrive with Add Shortcut to OneDrive button from Shared folders in cloud. The account is logged into a windows pc and every files including the folders shared with my were syncing fine until yesterday. Yesterday night the shared folders were completely removed from the Windows pc and folders are replaced with internet shortcut. This is such a big mess. I have tried unlinking the account and linking it back, changing the location of OneDrive on my windows pc and tried to get a new folder shared to my account and adding it to OneDrive. Nothing works so far. OneDrive has a big part in my daily activities. Please help me resolve this.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2025-03-13T06:07:22+00:00

Here is the statement from the Microsoft OneDrive product group (Redmond USA) about the OneDrive Personal problem:

***This is related to a backend migration we are doing and unfortunately, we don’t fully support syncing shared folders in the case where one user has migrated and the other has not. We’re doing everything possible to accelerate things so that it can be resolved as soon as possible for users of the feature. When the accounts are migrated, there is automated logic that makes them go back to a syncing folder within several days.***I have heard, that shared Folder issue is gone.
The best thing is: WAIT and do nothing

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

3,079 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-27T08:12:38+00:00

    8 Months on and is issue is spreading like wildfire. This is costing small business dearly. It may be time to look for another option to using OneDrive

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-27T08:00:41+00:00

    Hello William,

    I have this dame problem since two days. So far everything was sincing fine.

    Did you find a solution?

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-27T07:35:21+00:00

    Well that is not true. It works for some accounts and not for others, with no logical reason.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-27T07:10:34+00:00

    I am having the same issue.
    A folder which is shared to me is appearing as URL in One Drive Folder on My Mac.
    Tried many things but no success. I think I will have to switch to some other platform.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments