How do I change backgrounds in Microsoft Planner?

Anonymous
2024-02-07T17:01:20+00:00

I've tried changing the background in Planner, but I don't seem to have any access to that. I see "plan settings" and after I click that, it takes me to "general" where I have no options for background changes, just a white screen. The tutorials that I watch all show different backgrounds that auto populate in the general field. I'm not sure how/where to edit mine if I even have the ability to.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-04T09:55:00+00:00

    Also very unhappy here! As a neurodiverse person I had carefully crafted my planner to be able to stay on top of tasks and had systems in place. With the all white background its nearly impossible for my brain to comprehend any of it

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-01T17:14:59+00:00

    Also an issue with our teams. We are crabby and our eyes are offended.
    Please bring back background options!

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-01T17:49:45+00:00

    Same issue here. With the new update, my background and my teammates' backgrounds are all white, and there is no clear way to change it. Having a background is nice...It's just easier to see the buckets and tasks more immediately.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-04T14:10:56+00:00

    I've returned to work today having been on sick leave for 8 weeks and can no longer see what tasks and buckets I have. There's no visual hierarchy at all! It's an absolute mess and my head cannot compute the difference between bucket headings, task headings and other text.

    What have they done this for? Who is this helping?!

    Microsoft - please can you let us know when a further update will happen please? This UI design is AWFUL.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-24T17:04:11+00:00

    Is a user able to change the background in the new Planner update? There are accessibility and readability issues. It would be nice to add a picture like Trello.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments